Super Jet Still Bogging... it can't be the carb....

I am having the exact same issue right now on a 62t/61x sj, I have literally tryed everything suggested in this thread with no change.

tom21

havin fun
I'm using a set of barely used factory plug wires/coil currently. Came off a good working ski.

The plugs are new, I was always under the impression the gap they came with was correct.
Screws tops are tight.

you answered the coil and plug question but not the main jet question. any thoughts about the rest of that post?

Swapmeet have you tested the pulser and charge coil in the stator. By charge coil I mean the brown wire that powers the CDI. Or even swap the stator out with a known good one? I've had stators that ohm out correctly but are actually bad so sometimes it's best to just swap it. I've read all the posts and I think that's the only thing you havent tried?

swapmeet

Brotastic
Thats correct, I have not tried changing the stator yet.
I'm gonna put this impeller on first and see what it does. I picked up a lightened flywheel last week, when I put it on i'll borrow a stator from someone.

Thanks for the suggestion.

swapmeet

Brotastic
Well... Dale's was right. I installed the 9/15 and it made a big (huge) difference. Now that my pump is offering a reasonable load to my engine I can now mess with my carb.

Met a group of riders at our local spot that have been doing this for awhile, never seen them there before but they've been going their longer than I have. Let one of them take a spin on my ski and he instantly knew what it needed in terms of carb adjustments. It was exactly what i've been looking for. Seat of the pants feedback!
Everything i've read about carbs is wrong it would appear LOL. Not really, but kinda, i'm gonna listen to this guy, cause he helped me get my ski running better than it ever has. Ended up jumping the main jet from a 152.5 to a 162.5 (that was the biggest main that I had). And the high speed screw is turned out 2.5 turns... LOL... so crazy. Still needs a little dialing in, but its more fun than its ever been.

So what i'm saying is that the 12/17 swirl was over propped for my engine, and also the carb wasn't perfect.

Thanks everyone for the feedback/ suggestions. If anything else worthy of note comes up concerning this issue i'll post up, but I guess the bottom line is this problem is solved.

BTW, my buddy I sold the FX1 that my engine came out of texted me, the impeller that was in that ski was a 17/23 (122mm).
So to review, ski ran great on that prop, with GroupK porting, 130pilot, 152.5main, don't remember the turns, had 1.5 N/S, don't remember the popoff.

Installed 144 pump with 12/17 scat swirl, it bogged on the low end forever. Ended up being too much prop. Done, fixed.

had exactly the same issue. always was the same from when it was built. turned out the dick before put a 61x stator wth a62t flywheel so the gap was to big causing the issue. wacked a 62t stator in and ran as it should

Top Bottom