Stock GP800 motor in standup VIDEO!!!

Waterdawg Kustomz

RIP NATION
Chris you are the MAN!! :Banane09::Banane09: You will be pumped with that set up. That ski is looking sick, especially the GP800 sticker on the back. :beerchug: And I really like the fire extinguisher hole in the bulkhead. Good luck with the build. If you need ANYTHING let me know.

Jeff

Last edited:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
hi, i work for the ski clinic in antioch CA, the pics that i have up are of a stock superjet hull but with the help of WATERDAWG KUSTOMS im able to install a GP 800. with the use of WATERDAWG's manifold, pipe, engine mounts, and intake manifold the install is easy.

That looks like the stock GP bedplate.
Did you move the mounts? If so, how?

Waterdawg Kustomz

RIP NATION
That looks like the stock GP bedplate.
Did you move the mounts? If so, how?

You can simply glue and fiberglass a piece of aluminum in that spot, then drill and tap. But, if you decide to do that instead of our mount kit, you will have to do the battery relocation, like he did on the bulkhead. Our kit allows the use of the stock battery box and location. It is a must for those who want a simple bolt in kit, which our conversion kit is. If someone is into a project and are refoaming, etc. then the battery relocation is not hard. But for those who have already done that and don't want to open up there ski, returf and so on, the conversion kit is a must. Chris was already in and refoaming, painting, etc so it was an easy choice.

Jeff

Waterdawg Kustomz

RIP NATION
O.K. Jeff
I am getting tempted again and I hardly rode this year
:scratchchin::scratchchin::scratchchin:

I thought you were going to go the GP route for sure. I hope you didn't spend that hard earned money on another "LAMEY". :puppy_dog_eyes::scratchchin::dunno: Just kidding. You know how to get a hold of me when you are ready. I hope all is well in Canada.

Jeff

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
cant wait to here some reviews next season, it seems like an unreal deal: Big Power thats reliable, normally dont go together...

nows a good time to buy some stock in the 800gp market

and yeah, nice teaser pic... thats gotta be the "backflip bottle" the clinic's about to launch

yeah it is a co2 bottle but you could put the fire bottle in the engine compartment if you want to. Not like anyones going to use the fire extingisher to put out a fire anyway. Just could be use to make the coast guard happy.

I highly recommend using waterdawgs motor mounting kit over glassing in mounting platforms, because you have to open up the tray to install the battery box. While your in there you might want to install 3 inch exhaust.

BROSS

The future right here
Now you have my attention, I've been thinking about this setup for sometime now. I saw it at havasu, and was impressed!! Jeff I have a few questions, 1st your exhaust manifold-how does the size of the bolts work, doesn't your 1200 have 8mm bolts in the man., and the stock 66e cylinders have 10mm bolts? 2nd engine couplers-what are you using, 66e or regular 61x, is the thread size and pitch the same on each? 3rd also working at a shop I have access to 66v cylinders, I see in Riverrats build he says the V cylinders have better port timing for bottom end than E cylinders. It sounds like I can keep my stock SJ battery location, is there room for the batt to go in front of motor? Is the pipe wet or dry, looks wet to me, if the pipe is for your 1200, how does it work with a stock setup. Keep up the killer work, and look foward to seeing more on this:smile:

PS: how hard is the tuning of this setup, carbs, porting, power valves, just wondering?

RiverRat

Now you have my attention, I've been thinking about this setup for sometime now. I saw it at havasu, and was impressed!! Jeff I have a few questions, 1st your exhaust manifold-how does the size of the bolts work, doesn't your 1200 have 8mm bolts in the man., and the stock 66e cylinders have 10mm bolts? 2nd engine couplers-what are you using, 66e or regular 61x, is the thread size and pitch the same on each? 3rd also working at a shop I have access to 66v cylinders, I see in Riverrats build he says the V cylinders have better port timing for bottom end than E cylinders. It sounds like I can keep my stock SJ battery location, is there room for the batt to go in front of motor? Is the pipe wet or dry, looks wet to me, if the pipe is for your 1200, how does it work with a stock setup. Keep up the killer work, and look foward to seeing more on this:smile:

PS: how hard is the tuning of this setup, carbs, porting, power valves, just wondering?

If you have billit 701 couplers already that will thread right onto the 66e crank. My buddy took his Riva couplers off his 701 and did the swap into his 1200. No problem there.........

I personally prefer the battery in the bulkhead..............very clean look and seems to balence the ski well. I know you can use the OEM battery location in the 1200 b/c of the vertical engine mounts, but if using the 66e OEM mounts it will rest in the position of the 701 battery box.

RiverRat

.Tuning?

I don't foresee a problem tuning any of the platforms. The video of the stock 800 is simply that.......stock. That should run hastle free for a long time. Might have to rejet the carbs b/c of the pipe, but I would imagine Jeff has all that info. ready to go.

BB 927? I don't think I will have that much to tune really. I am just running a 87mm pistons w/ stock port work, gas operated PV's, higer compression and MSD TL. Very simple set up really. I may have problems with MSD down the road but mechanically it will either be stock or close to it. No different than tuning a 62t platform.

1200? My buddy bought a complete 1200. Jeff did the carbs and the thing fired up on the first try. Impressive IMO!!

Waterdawg Kustomz

RIP NATION

The exhaust manifold is the same for the 800 and 1200 except for the holes you mentioned. We simply have both in stock, and if needed can open the 8mm to 10mm for bolting on stock cylinders. Couplers are interchangable, like the RAT said. The 66e cylinders have more port time area, barely. The will yield about 70-100 more peak rpm's. I don't think there is room for the battery to go right in front of the motor. The pipe is a wet pipe and was designed around the stock 800 platform, it also works excellent on the big bore set up. However, it is not the right pipe for the 1200, but works. We just used it because at the time it is what we had. Pipe development takes a lot of time, more than you get out of software (contrary to one person), and a lot of money. The 1200 is currently getting a NEW dry pipe design that will put it on a different level. Tuning the 800 set up is very easy, and makes a ton of power. I hope this helped answer your questions.

Jeff

BROSS

The future right here
The exhaust manifold is the same for the 800 and 1200 except for the holes you mentioned. We simply have both in stock, and if needed can open the 8mm to 10mm for bolting on stock cylinders. Couplers are interchangable, like the RAT said. The 66e cylinders have more port time area, barely. The will yield about 70-100 more peak rpm's. I don't think there is room for the battery to go right in front of the motor. The pipe is a wet pipe and was designed around the stock 800 platform, it also works excellent on the big bore set up. However, it is not the right pipe for the 1200, but works. We just used it because at the time it is what we had. Pipe development takes a lot of time, more than you get out of software (contrary to one person), and a lot of money. The 1200 is currently getting a NEW dry pipe design that will put it on a different level. Tuning the 800 set up is very easy, and makes a ton of power. I hope this helped answer your questions.

Jeff

Thanks alot for the info Jeff. I guess the first question I should have asked, is it legal in AM Freestyle? If it is then thats a start!! I answered my question on the couplers at work yesterday, spun a 6R7 coupler on a 66v crank, thats awsome. If using the upright motor mounts will the battery go in the stock location? (thats what I gathered, I'm running a small yuasa ATV battery anyways for weight) Can you cut the stock head for more compression, or is it not worth it? River Rat, thanks for the info too, looks like your ski will be a handfull.

Thanks again, Billy

Top Bottom