Super Jet takin the "square" out of the square nose

mr.fixitman760

if it aint broke, dont fix it
Do you know how many hours and how much you have spent so far? Wondering the same things about the guy that is redoing the 550.l put together a Stunt hull that took me 6 months to complete cause it was a pos.l had a ton of hours in it!
i have run into a few minor road blocks but i have been spending alot of time waiting on parts and materials, waited 2 weeks for an RRP bracket for an SN only to find out they are no longer produced so i had to borrow my friend's blowsion RN bracket to make sure it fits (also have my own on order, should be in next week) so atleast now i can finish the nose, then i still need a scupper, footholds, tubbies, and rideplate to finish the hull and in all that im may also have to order more resin. if i had every part/material needed at my disposal this project may already be 90% done!

mr.fixitman760

glass is dry! turned out alot better than i expected it to!
1126121526.jpg1126121526a.jpg1126121527.jpg1126121528.jpg
also did a bit of a strenght test with the hood, 230lbs jumping up and down on it and it only flexes a bit in the center, no cracks!
1126121448.jpg

subscribed! I love squarenose builds, they make me want to try something for mine because I hate the hoods on them, but I'm too much of a pansy. The nose looks great by the way, I love it!

mr.fixitman760

The rrp pole,bracket,and blowsion spring may not be a problem during assembly but the last one l put together was a real pita.The spring may have to be cut,heated,and bent to install.l put these parts together off the ski for fear of damaging the area around it.
it does say in the directions to cut 3/8inch off the bottom of the spring because it is a bit too long, seems like it will fit fine and i left a ton of space around where the bracket mounts plus this ski isnt gettin a fancy paint job either so im not too worried.

mr.fixitman760

just finished gettin stuff setup to do the final layers inside the hull, not sure i have enough resin so i wont be laying any glass until later in the week, decided to measure one of the peices i cut out of the hood to see how thick the new glass actually is
1216121555.jpg1216121555a.jpg

Top Bottom