The inevitable total loss woes(now with pics)

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Running what a 760 based inferno ??
well you wouldnt i have just finished it
It will also run a 66e as well now

or are you talking about the tbm flywheel

Talking about your CDI's been a dead topic for a while (2 years or so). Have not seen you posting about them.........

want to send me one for my SJ to try!!!!!!!!!!!!!

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
No its all good thanks bk
Im not really doing the superjets one anymore
Just mainly kawasaki sxr and scooter ones
Yamahas stator systems are such a pain to work with as there is no defined pickup point , i would rather avoid them

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
this is my timing curve, it hasn't been dyno tested.

ditto on the TL settings...mine ran great until i leaned out the fuel with H20. Thx for the TL info a while back D-roc. My ski's been solid until this past week.

Watty

Random Performance
Yhe good thing about total loss is you can mess with it until you can get a curve that works for you. Sure, you have to know what you're doing, but for those that don't, there's lightened flywheels.

Total loss is great, I'll never run anything else. There are no problems with it, and they are not unreliable. I can say quite confidently that if you are having problems with your total loss, it's something YOU did...unless of course you bought it second hand, or a particular part fails, which happens with all aftermarket ignitions.

Total loss is 98% installation and 2% parts. Every total loss I have installed has run flawlessly. As Jared said above, earths leads are your best friend.

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
How do you remove 23 degrees from your ignition? My brain has 15 as a max retard. Do the dual channel systems let you retard more than the singles?

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
I got the replacement coil from godocgo. It is different from the other one bacause it has 4 wires coming off it instead of the 2 that the original one had. One black wire coming out has a ring connection and looks like it is a ground. The other three wires(black, brown, and yellow or maybe a discolored white) are connected into a plug. Does anyone know how I hook this up to my system which was setup for a 2 wire coil?

Waternut

Customizing addict
I got the replacement coil from godocgo. It is different from the other one bacause it has 4 wires coming off it instead of the 2 that the original one had. One black wire coming out has a ring connection and looks like it is a ground. The other three wires(black, brown, and yellow or maybe a discolored white) are connected into a plug. Does anyone know how I hook this up to my system which was setup for a 2 wire coil?

Dual channel coil maybe?

godocgo

sport
it is not a multi channel coil, it is a red dual coil. they only came with single channel as far as i know. all my dual channels use the 2 individual black coils.

this one was from a single channel setup.

Top Bottom