The ***ULTIMATE*** what shoes do you wear thread

brett

-------------
lately ive benn wearing my 5mm dive booties (got tired of hurting my toes goin bf), they work really well, except when your not wearing a wetsuit the unzip

Last edited:

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
I wear running shoes. You can get a decent pair of New Balance for $30-40 at big 5. I wore wrestling shoes for a while, but they offer no cushon on the bottom.
Like 227 said, I wear a pair of dive socks: http://www.deepseeinc.com/products/neo_dive_socks.html

in the shoe. Feet stay warm and the running shoes offer extra padding.
Shoes are something like this: http://big5sportinggoods.shoplocal....pid=730127&pagenumber=2&listingid=-2089302089

I like trail running shoes, the tread is a little more aggressive.

even with padding uderneath the turf on the revs it doesnt really help...when trying to do any flat water tricks my ankles still get torn apart...i probably wont be installing revs on my next ski though...

kawasakit2me

Hooked on the Jamz
Running shoes here too. Currently wearing Rocketdog running shoes, but before that I had a pair of $20 Champions that lasted more than a year.

The footholds don't tear up my ankles though. I get chaffed about 3 inches above my ankle, but only in surf.

It's funny. All the guys I ride with wear wrestling shoes and one day a guy pulled up to the beach and seemed very confused. Finally he asked if they were all wrestling coaches or something. LOL

gc4

I'd be lost without the x
old pair of running shoes here. dont have to spend any extra money because they are just old running shoes

plus they add extra cushion and protect my toes better than softer wrestling shoes.. i find anyway.

motosicko

CRF450 & 98RN
I like the shoes JetPilot offers.
b_jp8405.gif

http://catalog.jetpilot.com/productsByCat.html?catID=51

Last edited:
those look great but whats up with the split toes ??

Its for surfers who need to bend the toes individually to help with their balance. I learned that at Ron Jon's in Cocoa Beach last Jan... I was looking for shoes and wondered what surfers wore... It is also so you can where a pair of flip-flops with them on to protect the sticky bottoms of the shoes... (at-least the ones I was looking at!)

Last edited:

jjchambers

got me my braaapp!!
After 6 years my slippery boots finally fell apart so I had to get something new. I tried some wrestling shoes but my footholds are kinda big so I don't think I would have fit well in them so I kept looking and came across these in the clearance section at Sports Authority for $30. I'm going to use the neoprene socks from my slippery boots to protect my ankles. These are really light and have plenty of drainage. They are Speedo Hydro Xp Pros.

Attachments

• shoes1.jpg
    shoes1.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 53
  • shoes2.jpg
    shoes2.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 61

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I found some adidas old school style basketball shoes (50. new). They are high top and have a nice padded cuff around the ankle. The sole is SEWN on to the upper for durability in the water. They aren't heavy when wet and they are plain black , not at all shazam looking.

I was just seeing what you guys prefer when riding. Right now I just wear an old pair of pumas but I have rev footholds and my ankles are getting torn up. I know slippery makes a high top water shoe but there also like 80 bucks. Just seeing what else works. Thanks

Slippery
Liquid Race Boot

LiquidRaceBoot.jpg

"Lace up the Liquid Race Boot and feel the performance. Completely redesigned to exceed the performance demands of racers and riders alike, the Liquid Race Boot is pure performance. The molded outsole provides superior traction, support, and stability that can't be found in lightweight soles."

Features:
  • Internal heel and athletic sole structure provide stability
  • Airmesh and perforated chassis for superb ventilation and drainage
  • Removable inner 1.5mm neoprene booty
  • Pull-tabs and lacing system for fast and easy on/off
  • Anti-abrasion high durability heel and toe
  • Drainage ports
  • Black
  • Retail Price: $74.95
Part Numbers:

I just picked up a pair of these. I had the old Slippery Siphon boots but they didn't give me the support I need, and then I blew out the zipper on one of them tubing behind my boat while wearing them. After cutting the hell out of my foot at R-n-R I picked up a pair of these the Monday after!

Review:
I am impress so far. They are basically what alot of guy on here have described. They have a fully removable neoprene sock that is fitted for left and right. Then the outer shoe is a very light weight sneaker with lots of drainage and sturdy sole. It have an ankle strap that give it plenty of ankle support. I love them so far and we will see what time has in store.

I have a pair of Jet-Pilot's on order to try and compare them with these.

Anyone intereted in buying a pair of these I can get them through my shop for about $60 plus shipping.
PM me or check out the website and send me an email.​

CoreyLKN

LKN Freestyle Militia
Ive seen alot of options and tried a few things, and wrestling shoes seem to just work best IMO. If i rode more surf id ride barefoot for sure!

What shoes do u guys were for freestyle

I wear converse but the water tears them apart after about five rides. I have footholds in the ski I have went out twice with no shoes and have killed the top of my feet. So what are u guys wearing

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Wrestling shoes,I think mine are Aasiacs Matflex,they are holding up very well thus far,wouldn't ride without them.

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
i pored snuggles on my turf and i can ride barefoot now.. lol srly. seriously

Top Bottom