The ***ULTIMATE*** what shoes do you wear thread

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
Are you funking kidding me...????? There is a 3 page thread on this in the general section right now.
http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/60277

When I go to start a thread, I get suggestions of threads that already exist with similar words in the title. Does no one else get this?
Does this thread exist because you put "were" instead of "wear"?

Last edited:
Where to find GOOD Jet Ski Shoes??

In search of a GOOD shoe for stand up riding. I've shredded through EVERY Slippery & JP shoe made. They all suck. I have seen some guys wear the Yamaha shoes. What about a wrestling shoe?
Any suggestions appreciated!

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Asics wrestling, get the synthetic leather ones if you're in saltwater. My last pair lasted me 4+ years---just bought new ones this week.
Posted via Mobile Device

kawasakit2me

Hooked on the Jamz
No schitt!

Is this the X's version of "What's the best wax for my Honda?"

I generally wouldn't suggest yet another sub-section, but since some people seem to get all sensitive about telling newbies to use the search function for questions like this, how about a "gear" forum or something like that?

Asics wrestling, get the synthetic leather ones if you're in saltwater. My last pair lasted me 4+ years---just bought new ones this week.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've been riding my SJ with Asics shoes in the last 10 years. I like these Asics shoes because you can find it anywhere and it lasts even when use in salt water. I picked up a pair of shoes from Quakysense at 2008 World Final and really like it. It has better arch support than Asics and it comes with optional liner to keep you feet warm and the little rocks/sands out. I recommend them and I'll be using Quakesense Shoes from now on.

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
I should have mentioned, get some neoprene socks to wear inside the Asics and get the shoes 1/2 size bigger than you wear. I use the neoprene liners out of my old Slippery boots from like 8 years ago.

kawasakit2me

Hooked on the Jamz
Wow! Nice work Darin! LOL

Can you ban the next person that starts a shoe or helmet thread?

Pretty Please :biggthumpup:

seatsR4toilets

Just spell my name right
Questions Re: Riding Shoes

For years I wore the standard Mobby's riding boots.
Comfortable, but never stay on without duct tape on the ankles.
They suck.

Then, I changed to Slippery mid-rise boots with a water sock.
Great grip, but constantly got blisters no matter what I did. I mean, like bloody blisters every time I wore them.
They suck.

Now this last season, I bought a pair of Sea Doo riding boots on ebay. They run narrow, and I feel like I'm getting a cramp in the arch of my foot every time I wear them, and the tip of the shoes are soo big that you have to jam them into the footholds so hard that I actually have to pull to get them out. And I can't even get them into the Dakine footstraps on my Blaster because of the angle I run the straps at.
They suck.

Now, I'm considering going the wrestling shoe route. For $50 at Champs, I think it's worth the try, because at this point I'm more comfortable riding barefoot, but it's a killer on the tops of that bone of the top of my foot in the footholds. Plus, I'm thinking that the wrestling shoe is much thinner, more like the shape of my foot, so getting them in the footstraps AND the footholds shouldn't be a problem.

Thus, I have two questions: 1) I wear size 11. Do I take my watersocks with me and pick a wrestling shoe that fits me WITH the sock on, or do you wear them barefoot?
2) Given they are thin shoes, does it pad the top of your foot enough when using footholds?

itismejoshy

I Do What I Can...
i wear my old nike lawn shoes....they are fallin aprt and the tread is off but they stick like glue on my turf and are cheap...plus they hold up....

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
after my wrestling shoes fell apart I started wearing some old vans. my vans have outlasted everything else by a long shot.

I know people like to say that wrestling shoes give ankle support. That's a bunch of BS. if you want ankle support buy an ankle brace.

Flyinbysti

Rad Dudes
after my wrestling shoes fell apart I started wearing some old vans. my vans have outlasted everything else by a long shot.

Skate shoes work great. That's what my buddy's use, I am going to start using them next season.

Top Bottom