The Waternut Stunt hull build

Waternut

Customizing addict
Also, I weighed the ski today before putting the pole on. With turf, paint, pole bracket, and metal pump shoe she came in at 90lbs which was certainly more than I was expecting. The pole bracket and hardware weighed 3lbs and I assume the pump shoe is about 3lbs as well so call it 84lbs. I couldn't accurately weigh it before now but seems a little higher than advertised since I can't see 2-3 coats of paint, turf, and glue weighing 14lbs. Maybe 5-10lbs but I guess I'm just splitting hairs...

GO MAN GO ! At this rate You'll be done with this build by the time I'm back from church . You have inspired me to grind an mine a little this afternoon .

Waternut

Customizing addict
BIG PROBLEM! The pump shoe is flush with the hull and in place with 5200 but the pump won't line up properly even with shims (in the front) and the holes for the intake grate are off by about 1/4". Basically the pump shoe is angled up. Assuming I could actually get the pump shoe out, I could probably line it up with the intake grate and hope everything else lines up but that's a big assumption.

Anyone got any recommendations???

pull the pumpshoe and bolt the intake grate to the hull and the now loose pumpshoe to the intake grate

bolt up pump and align it flush with the pump

(if needed drill and tap new holes to the metal shoe.)

then fill the gap between hull and metal shoe with some hard fast curing epoxy

you now have a setback pump...post pics and i can better understand what your going through?

thats just wrong to send out something that is a nightmare.
id rather rip a mold from jenna jameson's ass and ride that than go through what you guys have to. Sorry its an opinion, and if anyone can find jenna for me id still like to mold her asss

Last edited:

Waternut

Customizing addict
Thanks. That's what I was afraid I would have to do but I guess that's the only solution. Here are a couple pics. Notice how the intake grate overlaps the pump seal and how you can't even see the mounting holes because it's so far off. Pump is actually pretty far back as it is without trim.

Attachments

• 100_7331.jpg
    100_7331.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 167
  • 100_7332.jpg
    100_7332.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 173
  • 100_7338.jpg
    100_7338.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 160

chad

I pretty much love beer
Site Supporter
BIG PROBLEM! The pump shoe is flush with the hull and in place with 5200 but the pump won't line up properly even with shims (in the front) and the holes for the intake grate are off by about 1/4". Basically the pump shoe is angled up. Assuming I could actually get the pump shoe out, I could probably line it up with the intake grate and hope everything else lines up but that's a big assumption.

Anyone got any recommendations???

Thats the starting point for the entire alignment for your driveline .

do as thinmint says . I explained this to Sanoman . if you 5200éd the shoe in it should come out . I have sucessfully removed stock shoes with green glue .

Good luck , and make sure you get it lined up properly

Waternut

Customizing addict
Yeah I kind of assumed the hull was molded off something like a stock SJ therefore making it aligned automatically. I should've known better...

For the record, I really want to defend this guy because he's offering affordable aftermarket stuff for real cheap. However, it's extremely hard to say anything good about what I've seen so far. Even after the bashing that took plate over the Goose rideplate that was sent to BK, this is what I got... A rideplate that looks like it was cut with an angle grinder because every corner is cut too far and NO it doesn't fit either.

Attachments

• 100_7328.jpg
    100_7328.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 100_7329.jpg
    100_7329.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 114
  • 100_7330.jpg
    100_7330.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

Waternut

Customizing addict
this is a build kit your gonna have to do a ton of work!!

Oh no... I think a lot of people are confused on this. This was not a kit. This was SUPPOSED TO BE a ready to ride hull.

I could make the intake grate fit with a grinder but that would still leave the pump horribly misaligned.

i didn't really have a problem with the intake grate lining up on mine, i did have some issues with the ride plate and pump aligning right but i made it work.

well email dan and see what he has to say about it. i guess that wont solve your problem, but i dont think you should have to set your pump back because of his mistake??

Waternut

Customizing addict
well email dan and see what he has to say about it. i guess that wont solve your problem, but i dont think you should have to set your pump back because of his mistake??

I did... That's one of the reasons I haven't posted pics yet. I'll give him a short amount of time to figure out a way to make this right.

Top Bottom