Custom/Hybrid three years in the making and its about perfected

me and a friend got a little over our heads three years ago when we started carving a huge block of foam into a new ski but somehow its all coming together. in short, we made molds from the carved out foam jetski and right before the lakes froze over we were able to get a ski built and on the water for a some testing. we put a stock 701 with a b pipe and i nozed in the first backflip attempt. [video=vimeo;29451663]http://vimeo.com/29451663[/video]
sorry for the bad quality

first b-roll attempts
[video=vimeo;30056443]http://vimeo.com/30056443[/video]

the hood slid to the side because we were in a big hurry to get it on the water and it wasnt finished. it needs to be a few more layers thick and a baffle made for it. its a good thing we foamed the rails!

i only took pics with my phone in the early stages of the build but i will try and get them posted.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Awsome job. I really like how to the hood ties into the tray and how the bondrail swoops back then up in the first picture.

how deep was the water? when it sank

it was 20ft deep and lots of current when the engine compartment was completely full of water. the foam in the footholds was enough to keep it bobbing though.

this ski is around 76 inches long and 2" wider than a rn sj. we added a extra 3" on the back of the tray so we will not land on the pump

Last edited:
really cool man i admire hard work like that and i know how much time and work it is to get to that point, ive made stuff from scratch with foam and through the process you stop and think how much easier it is just to order one haha

Minnetonka4me

X creeper
For a guy that can sleep on a tile floor....this is one heck of an accomplishment! ;)

Nice job bro...when are you gonna PU this trophy I have been claiming I won??

Schmidty721

someone turf my rails
Looks good man. Congrats on finishing the build.
I picked up Mike's carbon sj hull & his layup equipment a couple weeks ago and he was talking a bit about your project (unless someone esle in MN is build a ski from scratch).

Looks good man. Congrats on finishing the build.
I picked up Mike's carbon sj hull & his layup equipment a couple weeks ago and he was talking a bit about your project (unless someone esle in MN is build a ski from scratch).
what a steal for the hull! it was just on craigslist again and my friend was thinking about buying it

Top Bottom