TPE MOTOR SETUP's - list your package

I found my 1105 seemed a little lumpy at the bottom , but switching to a curve with a couple degrees more advance took that away and gave a noticeable increase in throttle response.

Weve had our 1105s more than a month now and are still playing with various combos to dial them in, one things a cert, these motors fookin rip your arms out. :D

It would be killer if you would be kind enough to post your curve here. I'm pulling the total loss off for the summer and putting my HX3 in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Lol phil is helping me lol just want to see who eked is running wat

No reason to look further. Phil tuned and completely dialed the prototype. I don't think there is anyone more qualified to give advice on this engine from a tuning standpoint. But I'd still like a look at the curve I referenced in the post above.

Brian, just for the record we had a more aggressive curve in your boat when we got to Daytona but after talking it over we decided to pull the timing back because of using it for a demo.

Byeai

"Cheetos-Man"
Brian, just for the record we had a more aggressive curve in your boat when we got to Daytona but after talking it over we decided to pull the timing back because of using it for a demo.

Aggressive is fun tho lol

Philip Clemmons

Owner, P&P Performance
Well I already have a 900cc flatwater ski to ride so I decided to go big and choose the 1105

Better hit the gym.
zu8y7apy.jpg
4evyta6a.jpg

Byeai, I strongly suggest you get with Phil and let him tweak your setup. No sense in spending all that money and time and leave something on the table or at least set it up as to what works best for you.
Agreed. Everyone who's ridden my boat has been shocked at the power it makes. When you're already spending this kind of coin, what's a little more? Fly him down, or come on up for a weekend and ride with us and let Phil do his magic.

Watty

Random Performance
I have some specs for 48.9 Blackjacks on the 964...The only problem is they are written on the diaphragm cover plates on the carbs. I'll get them and post them up when the engine comes out for it's 50 hour inspection.

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
I have some specs for 48.9 Blackjacks on the 964...The only problem is they are written on the diaphragm cover plates on the carbs. I'll get them and post them up when the engine comes out for it's 50 hour inspection.
Get to riding. You need to hit that 50 hour mark asap. Although I'm getting the 1105 so it won't be a ton of help.

ok, so i've now ran and tuned 2 sets of carbs onto my 1105. so here's how they have ended up for me at near sea level riding.
the 1st set i dialled in where ATP 48's
2mm n+s 21 psi pops
125 pilots
135 mains
low screws 1+1/2 turns out
high screws 1/2 turn out. these carbs worked well but seem quite sensitive to changes in temp and weather as it has started to warm up in the uk.

2nd set that i have now dialled in are the full spec 49's
2mm n+s 21 psi pops
122.5 pilots
135 mains
low screws 1+3/4 turns out
high screws 3/4 turn out
these carbs, while not giving any more noticable overall power do meter more smoothly at partial throttle openings and hit very well

i have been playing with ignition curves for the TS and will post up a pic when i've ran it a while without destroying my motor :)

i have just hit the magic 10hr mark (new hour meter fitted on install of motor) so whipped the head again for a cautionary glance, all is lovely in there.
no visible migration or immigration problems from that pesky water ;-)

guvy8u9a.jpg
eva3aje8.jpg
9aru5yhy.jpg

Some extra breathing in there now too, pipes run on inside of hood down between fuel tank and pfp chamber so hopefully any water that makes it through gets dumped straight into bottom of hull with no clear path to carb throats.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Those breathers look good, any pics of the inside of your hood? How do they attach?

Top Bottom