TPE MOTOR SETUP's - list your package

skinnyman

YOU CANT RENT MY SKI
50/50 C12/Pump gas
Love this set up for a Monster rec/surf ski(my arm are killing me today)
Big tank and mo power than this old man really needs
Ski is a XFR
I have another xfr with a dasa 1100 RRP pipe/Tl /148 pump for a f/w ski
I love both these motors The TPE 1105 is a beast and performs as well as my dasa PFP TL Race gas set up.
If I went TL with rrp pipe race gas on the TPE I fairly sure that I couldn't hang on to it :) Getting old sux but beats the alternative
LOVE THIS TPE MOTOR

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
^^^ Didn't wanna sound like I was beating a dead horse... I think most people that want an 1105 don't realize what the 964 is capable of. Most people that ride a 964 are more than impressed. Flatwater Is a different story though I guess and that's obviously where an 1105 is best suited. Paul's 964 scares me in surf, I can't imagine an 1105. I'd be riding like a pu$$y! Too much power makes you ride conservatively until you can handle it IMO

The 964 is more than capable of flat water flipping. With just an MSD total loss, powerfactor pipe, Dasa carbs, PHP intake manifold, vForce 3 reeds, Solas mag, and P&P tuning, it's hard to hold on. Several people got to ride my backie chan at Carolina Beach. They can post up their impressions. :) Shhh, I'm running an SBT crank, don't tell anyone.

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
I am going to have NO problem flipping my 964 at 5,000' elevation. Nosed one in at 2/3 throttle a couple weeks ago during break in. 360's are coming around super easy too. I've only ridden it twice and only one tank (cart) through it since break in. I couldn't be happier with it. It pulls hard everywhere is what's so awesome. Linear power, not light switchy. But man does it work me hard! Definitely takes more energy to ride, but it's worth it :)

A thing I learned over the years, 85% of the skis out there are "tuned good enough" by comparison to something set up properly. (For example, my dasa 970 that I felt was dialed was not quite according to the guy who set up the new package) That being said what most of us would be happy with and think is perfect there is usually someone out there that can really get every last bit out of it. That being said I think even the 1105 set up by average joe is going to be more than enough to scare a few people. God help those who hop on one thats properly set up. Keep in mind tuned dosent necessarily mean good piston wash and plug color- its down to pump and nozzle tuning to get the most out of it. I dont think there will be a sad face either way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Brian, what is pump and nozzle tuning? Is it boring, proper pitch on the prop and right size pump or just tweaking like cleaning the flashing on the castings, repitching prop, still trying to learn as much as I can.
cheers Ray

SuperDrifter

Prototyper
Site Supporter
It seems the only real variables are:

1. -correct pitch for your setup/application
2. -cone profile
3. -reduction nozzle dia. /steering nozzle dia.

Is this over simplifying?

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
There's definitely a lot more to it than most think, or know and I'm one of those guys. Initially I thought I was going to burn up my prop and Philip told me why. But the high altitude really changes everything a lot more than most know. We had a starting point and it's SUPER close. Unless you live up here and have had to deal with it, it's a whole new tuning world. Compression and fuel changes will never get you any where near sea level HP. So you do the best with what you have. I feel the set up Philip gave me is extremely close though. No pump slip, but really on the edge of it it feels like. I'm going to play with the pump a bit very soon and see how much more we can get out of it, as I still need to get the top end screws closer. Bottom end is easy to dial every time out, but I'm taking my time with the top end screws and am still running those a bit fat. Creeping my way in lolol! Plugs are wet and black still. Not soaked, but wet. Kind of a semi gloss look. So it's getting there, but the weather keeps changing too. Water temps are climbing fast as are air temps and humidity is different daily. Along with barometric pressure. It's amazing what a difference all these variables make up here. Not sure it's as sensitive at sea level? Regardless though. I'm really enjoying the learning and the ride along the way.

I found my 1105 seemed a little lumpy at the bottom , but switching to a curve with a couple degrees more advance took that away and gave a noticeable increase in throttle response.

Weve had our 1105s more than a month now and are still playing with various combos to dial them in, one things a cert, these motors fookin rip your arms out. :D

Nope you are on your own. Just take it to Phil to have it tuned. He likes those Florida hulls anyway! Or you could just copy my setup. 155 total loss pfp and 49s. I'll get you all the info you want.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom