Trinity Composites EVO Pro Build

Trinity Composites

Lightweight Evolution
Here are some pics of the upper and lower glued together. In the shots you can see the hardware is setup for all stock placement for waterbox and stock tank. Need to run some carbon tape down the bond line and it ships to Sean next week. Few more pics to come. I need a shot of a reading on the digital scale. :bling:
DSCF1271.jpg

DSCF1280.jpg

DSCF1279.jpg

DSCF1278.jpg

DSCF1285.jpg

Good to see that beast all finished up! I need to pay the shop a little visit to see it in person.

I here Josh is really nailing the flat water BF'ers on his EVO! :woot: I knew it would only take a little time.

Trinity Composites

Lightweight Evolution
No foam. Its sealed as good as a carbon plane fuel cell in a wing. Josh's ski has had pressure build from the sun. You could hear the ski hiss at times when the screws/plugs were pulled after riding. I hate foam. For those who want added safety and flotation it can come from a dirt bike inner tube. Accessed through the bulkhead with a sealed plug. Anything other than foam thats light ......... I hate foam.:Eyecrazy:

Why weight it down with un-needed foam? It doesnt need it for strength, and i have tested no foam, in the worst possible situation..... Lost my hood, six foot wave broke over boat, boat went under..... But stayed afloat just like any other boat with foam in the tray! I even tried pushing it under multiple times..... I also have sunk the ski like that three other times without loosing the hood. I also get about 10oz's of water out of my drain plug every ride.... Its not enough of a leak to be concered with though, It took probably 30 minutes in the pounding surf to get my ski to the beach, and it was still floating like a MOFO!

Cracker tested and approved. :biggrin:

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Why weight it down with un-needed foam? It doesnt need it for strength, and i have tested no foam, in the worst possible situation..... Lost my hood, six foot wave broke over boat, boat went under..... But stayed afloat just like any other boat with foam in the tray! I even tried pushing it under multiple times..... I also have sunk the ski like that three other times without loosing the hood. I also get about 10oz's of water out of my drain plug every ride.... Its not enough of a leak to be concered with though, It took probably 30 minutes in the pounding surf to get my ski to the beach, and it was still floating like a MOFO!

Cracker tested and approved. :biggrin:

That's a one time deal, Gary Burtka had a full Wammer boat go down in a freshwater lake in FL back in 2000 or 2001 with no foam. It was never recovered either, that was a good $10,000-15,000 gone just to save 6-12lbs depending on the foam used.

Hopefully that won't happen but it can.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
That's a one time deal, Gary Burtka had a full Wammer boat go down in a freshwater lake in FL back in 2000 or 2001 with no foam. It was never recovered either, that was a good $10,000-15,000 gone just to save 6-12lbs depending on the foam used.

Hopefully that won't happen but it can.

See a couple posts up what the hull builder himself has to say about it.
He seems to be able to get airplanes right.

I will keep the pics coming on the build...everything is ready to go soon as paint is done cant wait to hit the water

Top Bottom