UPDATE!!!! SKI WAS FOUND!!!!! Another ski lands in a watery grave

You'll never get all those barnacles off with a scraper or sander without causing more damage just rent or barrow a 3500psi or higher pressure washer with a zero degree tip and they'll come off real fast.

Awesome that you even found it.

Congrats on finding the ski but Don't use that kind of pressure.. I tried to defoam my ski with my 3400 psi washer with a 0 degree tip and blew holes right through the hull. It just splinters fiberglass.

starter kill

aka LUFA-make some WAKE!!
woot! nice. congrats getting it back. did the guy really ask if you still "wanted it" ? like.. "hm maybe he dosn't want it anymore and i'll keep it"

how much oil do you mix in your gas anyway?seems to be an awful lot of it in the gulf since it sank!:eek2:
glad you could put a cap on it.:bananajump:

That's awesome mate I'll send u a free hood seal for your rebuild I sell an awesome super jet style seal I'll donate 1 when I first read your post I freaked I just finished my rickter build they have no nose foam and I'm not sure if it will float my last super jet I sank on my first day just the tail sticking out of the water for 1 .5 hours what a night mare me and my friend took off our life jackets put them under the nose and held above the water line then switched on the bilge untill it would float then towed back 4 miles to the ramp that was my old ski about $15000 imagine what my ricker is worth $25000 or so does any one know if they float congrats any way man rebuild the water log factory and try again

Tyler Zane

Open Your Eyes
what a good story! (well not that your ski is f'ed up but that you found it) i started reading it out loud and a few more people came up and we took turns reading it, eating pb and j's lol i felt like crying a few times.... good luck on the new build and eveyting happens for a reason. i bet the new one will be way better! :headbang:

#ZERO

Beach Bum
Congrats on finding the ski but Don't use that kind of pressure.. I tried to defoam my ski with my 3400 psi washer with a 0 degree tip and blew holes right through the hull. It just splinters fiberglass.

That kind of pressure works well on the gel coat side, you'll need to run the engine speed lower or use a larger tip for doing the raw fiberglass side.

Top Bottom