Waterdawg's 1200cc R.E.V.

Submarine

Dollar Ballerina
The Rest of the Story

1. Jeff "showed" up at the World Finals: Actually, he weasled his way into Ed's space, and was promptly jettisoned after Ed was informed of the background on who he was hanging with (not by me).
Again, this is another case of Jeff not giving back to the sport that he repeatedly steals from. For someone supposedly 'big' enough to sell a $30k ski, he can afford to buy his own space.

2. It's great that a few people got to ride this new Holy Grail. Unsurprisingly, when a well known engine builder of this forum asked he was denied. Guess Jeff is afraid of someone who really knows what they are riding to get too close.

3. History again repeats itself: People are still waiting for parts, people who paid for parts and never received them are still out money, yet here is another creation, another Holy Grail, that blinds all of you to the reality of the thief and shyster that is Jeff Curry. Someone else will blindly trust Jeff, get screwed, then Jeff will again disappear until he comes out with another unsuccessful product to wow you with smoke and mirrors.

4. Anyone who buys one of these would be wise to withhold payment until the product is completely finished and shipped. Even the waterdawg faithful still get jerked around though they are loathe to admit it. Waterdawg is just one lawsuit away from folding so be cautious.

5. As with the xjet monstrosity, you are again dependent, and now even more so, on Jeff's highly specialized parts. He's like the Delorean of jetskis. Will he be able to stand the test of time? Hasn't it been over 6 years since waterdog was supposed to revolutionize the sport? Do you really think more products are the answer when he repeatedly has difficulty supplying something as simple as footholds? (see the first page or two of this posting)
Do a little research on past issues with Jeff on PWCtoday and Jetskinews. Not everyone gets these supposed 'top notch' parts, if even getting them at all. Failures abound such as the adjustable side sponsons and that hilarious ram air hood. Don't be blinded by the polished billet and metal flake.

6. No one competed on an xjet this year and don't purchase hoping the rules will change for next year. If you are serious about competing, waterdawg isn't for you.

Step up Jeff and make whole all those you have wronged in the past. If you want to be taken seriously put some money back into the sport you supposedly love instead of all into your pocket.

Buyer beware, now more than ever.

F

Freestyleriverrat

That was achually well articulated Sub.. If Jeff has been on the scene for 6 years now what does that tell you........I would hope you could see that Waterdawgs is here to stay. The stuff that he has produced thus far is so far above whateveryone else has done. His composite work is among the best in the business, his innovation and design is the most radical out there. His hulls may not be competition legal but his motor is legal and will fit right in a superjet. I have tried to suppert WD as much as I can (though I have only had minor purchases) b/c I firmly beleive in giving credit where credit is due. I applaud WD for, if nothing else, it resillence in staying their own course while under constant fire and criticism. Their years of hard work is going to start paying off, and both WD's operations and the sport of freestyle will be elevated b/c of that effort.

chad

I pretty much love beer
Site Supporter
Wow sub, I had actually thought you died.
Some of enjoy seeing new parts and pieces made for the sport we love.

Do us all a favor dont get this thread locked.

Theres a place for to express your feelings in the feedback section.

have a nice day!

Y

yamaslut

Wow sub, I had actually thought you died.
Some of enjoy seeing new parts and pieces made for the sport we love.

Do us all a favor dont get this thread locked.

Theres a place for to express your feelings in the feedback section.

have a nice day!

not true actually... that section is for people to critique their sellers on items purchased...

He's simply voicing his opinion in a very detailed and IMO respectful manner.
:smile:

Mile9c1

X-H2O.com
not true actually... that section is for people to critique their sellers on items purchased...

Not true actually... you can't even do that anymore :rolleyes:

Sub, welcome!

1. I'm sure the person who informed Ed of Jeff really told him the truth. Yep, I'm positive of it (actually I am being sarcastic here if you can't tell). Maybe Ed let Jeff hang there because Jeff is selling Ed's carbs with his motor packages? It sounds to me like Ed just sold tens of thousands of $$$ in carbs because of Jeff, for really not doing much himself.

2. Which engine builder would that be? Don't be shy! Anyways why should Jeff whore out a customer's ski? A lot of builders don't let other builders see their stuff. For example, Malone would not let Jeff look under his eme1000 hood. Hmmm, I wonder why.

3. Which customer's are out of money? I didn't think anyone still prepaid for Jeff's parts.

4. I don't think Jeff will fold anytime soon (what could he get sued for???) He is one of the most dedicated people to this sport so I am confident in him now more than ever. People know they will have to wait for their stuff, so they can go elsewhere if they don't want to wait. It's a free country!

5. Jeff's customers are dependant on Jeff for very few parts... small risks for people seeking the BADDEST SKI EVER :biggthumpup:

6. I don't know if Jeff's motors are legal, but he can make hulls that are legal for people interested. My next Waterdawg hull will be legal for competition. Not that I even care... nor do the vast majority of riders.

Sub,You remind me of a politician running a smear campaign, You distort reality to make it fit your twisted agenda. You are a liar with some personal vendetta against Jeff. Many people actually saw his work, met him personally and know there's more to the story than what you post. There wasn't a time when there wasn't 10 people standing around his ski asking questions. Ed told us he has never seen that kind of interest and enthusiam about a ski before. Everybody wanted to test ride it, it was a sold customer ski and he had an appointment for pro freestyle rider to ride it. No one got to ride it before that. Sub, I have no interest in arguing with you, you are not worth the time it takes to type. Your posts are malicious and written only with the intent to cause harm to Jeff's business. He is making quality products and trying to change his forum image, ie sending foothoods first,then getting payment. I heard many knowledgable builders give Jeff praise for his craftsmanship wamiltons, jetdynamics, bun,brazina,rick roy, roc, etc. I respect their knowledge and opinions much more than a keyboard cowboys (sub).

I personally don't buy any parts from Blowsion and I won't recommend them either. Its not because of blowsion (Mark is an asset to their company), but because of Sub, self proclaimed pitbull for blowsion.

I will be in Daytona with a 1200cc rev, I will be putting the motor in my red ski in Nov. once I finish with my current job order. I will be documenting it with plenty of pics on my build thread. I can't let everyone ride it, but I will let a few.

I won't be posting on this thread anymore it's just going to turn into to much time wasting drama.

See you in Daytona

Mark44

Katie's Boss
Interesting.........I have heard alot about Waterdog and would like to know the real story. If there is a real story. All I can say is I would think twice about sending him any cash and I don't even know him. Why is there so much bad press? You don't see all of this bad press out of Magoo or other builders. Sorry it just makes me think something is not right.

Mark44 Brap!

Mile9c1

X-H2O.com
The thing about Jeff is he's spent most of his time in this business doing R&D work, so he developed a habit of not sending out parts when people ordered them (sometimes really really late!) Good for innovation, bad for business. That's about it, it's nothing new and nothing he hides. For a long time he was a one man show. He's still pretty much a one man show for composite work (he does have a full time machinist who helps him some). If you look at the ski he brought to Havasu you will see what he's been doing the last 3-4 years. Jeff isn't a rich dude who hired a bunch a nerds to design a super ski for him while he sells UMI boweyes and Hydroturf. He's an enthusiast who seeked to push the limits - super light strong hull and the most powerful engine ever. I think he's close now, and he did it all by himself... getting no respect along the way, slaving away 12+ hours a day year round, eating ramen noodles 'cause it was all he could afford. I'd like to meet just one other person who is so dedicated to building skis, who would put up with half the crap Jeff does and not quit. I don't think this other person exists!!

If Jeff is bad for this sport as Sub claims, then I give up, because this sport is dead! Fortunately it's hard for me to take Sub seriously, because I know Jeff personally. I would bet anyone a million dollars if Waterdawg developed and could deliver within 2 weeks a 200hp 61X engine and a Superjet clone hull that weighed 35 pounds and could withstand an atomic explosion, Sub would be the first to bash it :banghead: That's the truth!

waterfreak

I had a vision!
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
The thing about Jeff is he's spent most of his time in this business doing R&D work, so he developed a habit of not sending out parts when people ordered them (sometimes really really late!) Good for innovation, bad for business. That's about it, it's nothing new and nothing he hides. For a long time he was a one man show. He's still pretty much a one man show for composite work (he does have a full time machinist who helps him some). If you look at the ski he brought to Havasu you will see what he's been doing the last 3-4 years. Jeff isn't a rich dude who hired a bunch a nerds to design a super ski for him while he sells UMI boweyes and Hydroturf. He's an enthusiast who seeked to push the limits - super light strong hull and the most powerful engine ever. I think he's close now, and he did it all by himself... getting no respect along the way, slaving away 12+ hours a day year round, eating ramen noodles 'cause it was all he could afford. I'd like to meet just one other person who is so dedicated to building skis, who would put up with half the crap Jeff does and not quit. I don't think this other person exists!!

If Jeff is bad for this sport as Sub claims, then I give up, because this sport is dead! Fortunately it's hard for me to take Sub seriously, because I know Jeff personally. I would bet anyone a million dollars if Waterdawg developed and could deliver within 2 weeks a 200hp 61X engine and a Superjet clone hull that weighed 35 pounds and could withstand an atomic explosion, Sub would be the first to bash it :banghead: That's the truth!

Well, FYI I also am a one man show and do all my own work. However, I value every single customer out there and make sure everyone get's their parts that they payed for... that's just good bussiness.

I'm glad that Jeff is innovating and expending our industry. Unfortunetly,This dark cloud will follow him as long as people will remember.

My only concern with this 1200cc rev motor is that if your motor is down and are in needs for some WD parts...How long will you have to wait??:cool2:

Mile9c1

X-H2O.com
My only concern with this 1200cc rev motor is that if your motor is down and are in needs for some WD parts...How long will you have to wait??:cool2:

Everything that could wear out on the motor is not made by Jeff. I.E. you can buy the crank, pistons, rings, sleeves, gas valves from the mainstream aftermarket. Making custom pistons would just be silly!

P.S. You have Charlie helping you!

Not to be a jerk, but if he is so into his R&D work maybe he should hire a second person to take care of orders and shipping. A high school kid could operate a computer and the shipping part. Even a few hours a week could lessen the toll these tasks take on doing the bigger things.

If it is an issue with making the parts, he should seriously consider farming out all the machine work, and maybe do the layup himself, or train a willing enthusiast to help him get the stuff done.

Just a suggestion or two.

Last edited:

waterfreak

I had a vision!
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Everything that could wear out on the motor is not made by Jeff. I.E. you can buy the crank, pistons, rings, sleeves, gas valves from the mainstream aftermarket. Making custom pistons would just be silly!

P.S. You have Charlie helping you!

well , your right ... I'm wrong....stupid me:banghead:

I just want to be an internet superstar like Charlie!:cheer:

BTW thanks for the pump. It came in today:biggthumpup:

Some may remember this, its funny to me:biggrin: .

Sub Wrote: "he weasled his way into" What is weasled? I think the word you were looking for was weaseled.

Easy, you did the same thing to me once Sub, it just proves that no one of is perfect.

the WaTeRhAwK

fryin' up a/m electrics..
why is it that most of the aftermarket hull companies are following the design of the S-XR's gunwales?
seems like a little originality would be in order.

just curious.

Submarine

Dollar Ballerina

OH PLEASE. You "know" him about as well as I know you. How long have you been waiting for your "legal" hull (and that I would like to see)? Wasn't it about a year ago that you guys were dropping hints about this motor and hull? All the while you wait and wait and wait. We're supposed to feel sorry for him for eating Ramen noodles? You must not have seen Jeff in a while, because while his few followers looked like they were on the Meth Diet, Jeff seems to be eating well. I'd say he'd put on 25 lbs easy. That's not meant to be an insult, just an observation.

You faith is impressive, Mile and the kansas krew; almost cultlike. I understand your need to have the 'most bitchen' ski of all your friends. I understand how frustrated you must be living somewhere where your riding time is so limited. Living so far away from your savior, you don't get a lot of the real story and that is what jeff counts on. Just take an objective look at how the people close to Jeff have come and gone. No one local has supported him as long as you have, they can't afford it!

Jeff IS as bad for this sport as I claim. Just think about it, objectively, for a moment. Even if you discount all the bad stuff (did you forget our friend in Australia who lost a weeks pay to Jeff's usual business practices?), it's easy to see how he hurts the industry. You obviously weren't at the World Finals, because you might have noticed where the money comes from, and more importantly, where it does not. No where do you see a waterdawg banner. A cursory look through Saturday's results produced not even one waterdawg sponsored rider, but I would hope maybe there were at least some amateurs somewhere. Now Jeff wants to sell $30k hulls and motors. Where is that money going to go? Into the 'sport'??? Other than a lame ass attempt to advertise on jetskinews, Jeff hasn't helped the sport at all. That's $30k that won't be going into the hands of aftermarket companies and real, talented freestyle builders and engine builders who know how to give back to the sport that pays them. Luckily, I feel that other than a few fools in the midwest and maybe some europeans, this ski is going no where just like the xjet did. The "Vast majority" of xjet riders are all on this forum, the whole dozen of you. Seadoo sells a hundred times more 3d's than jeff does xjets. Aren't you all special? Jeff is a river rider with dreams of glory that will never materialize.

Lots of people looked at Jeff's ski, as they did all the other lofty priced skis for sale on the strip. I saw lots of them discounted at the end, but I didn't see one sell. It's funny that jeff was so willing for a (what did we decide? Pro, amateur? first time poster anyway as most waterdawg supporters) freestyler to ride his "sold customer ski" but not a well known and respected engine builder. And no, sorry, I'm not naming names. He can identify himself if he likes. Everyone who knows me, and I have an impressive list of people who can attest, knows that I do not fabricate stories to boost my 'rep' on the internet. But go ahead, attack away.

Top Bottom