wavedaze 2010 pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
DSC_0011.jpg

wadman

wadman
just got home. what a great trip. big thanks to all the wavejunkys that put this event on for us all! also got to thank them 3 guys that where on the quads, that dedicated all day Saturday and Sunday (in the rain) to cart around all are skis for us. next every one that helped me drag my ski in and out of the water mainly gnarly and silver surfer, i know you two got a good workout pulling that thing around for me.

as for the ride.

Friday: flat water Friday was a blast. best thing about it my ski ran mint. that flat black 750 x2 rips. that guy rips hard on that thing he can corner that thing like a champ! i could not keep up. the sxr fixed steer was real fun i like it. the big boat that was throwing wake for 20 mins at the end was sweet, and the cop that didn't give the last 3 of us that came flying in tickets after yelling at us for 5 mins was cool too.

Saturday: sick. FU(KIN SICK! ski ran all right. (battery started to get low and or the ski was not starting when i was hitting the start button so i looked like a real idiot trying to get out from the beach as the waves where crashing me) the waves were big. i burnt a full tank of gas and was so beat. i'm not used to the surf at all it kicked my a$$. i'm told i got some good pics taken of me riding. i only seen one of them tho. i like the one i seen. i will get the rest tomorrow hopefully.

Sunday: RAIN. and BIG BIG SURF there was about 12 skis on the beach at around 11:00 and 6 of them where x2s. i went out for a bit. it was hard to just survive. we went out past where the waves where breaking and it was HUGE! it seemed like 15 or 20 foot from the top of one wave to the bottom and they where close together. it was tuff just staying up on the ski for me. it was good practice tho i only have 4 or 5 hours of surf riding under my belt including this weekend. i cant wait for the next time i get too some surf.

scotty mac your red ski looked and sounded real fast and fun, thanks for the 800 motor i can't wait to put in one of my other x2s. i hope you get your stand back.

the kid next door to my room is the one who snapped his pole off on flat water friday. so he buys an $800 adjustable pole switches it all over friday night, Saturday SNAP! busts the thing off at the weld in 47 seconds. all he was doing was sitting in the tray on his way out did not even hit one wave with it. i couldn't believe it.

I will be there next year definitely.

i'll have some more pics to post tomorrow.

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

Wadman,

It was great to meet you and I was glad you liked the motor. We had an awesome time. I think the best thing for me was getting my brother out there in the surf. I think he is in love. Was nice for him to go to an event and only ride instead of keeping everyone's skis running.

A couple of observations:

Gary Lamb is a beast. He is the guy with the flat black X2. The reason he can ride is he used to be one of the best old school x2 racers back in the day. He has discovered freeriding and loves it. Great dude, too.

I hate to admit it, but the X2s ruled. I honestly think there were more X2s on the beach than any other ski.

A sport spec waveblaster is about perfect for that kind of surf. We took 30 gallons of fuel to the beach Saturday morning for 3 skis. 1 ski only went out for a short 10 minute session, the other two used all but 2 gallons of that 30 we took. At one point, I filled mine up to the brim, went out and didn't come back until it died. Coincidently, I can barely walk today......

Aircraftsales is a nice guy and his ski is ABSOLUTELY beautiful. And, I can TOTALLY understand what he was talking about - having a ski so nice that you are afraid to go all out because you could lose it. That thing is MINT.

The Wavejunkie guys put on a great event. I kind of hope it stays in the fall because it is kind of an end of year ride thing, but no matter when they have it, we will be there.

Nothing is funnier than seeing the look on people's faces when they ride a 63mph race ski. Twinturbostang's brother's expression was priceless.

Twinturbostang's fixed steer was crazy! George's Gen 2 top deck was beautiful as well.

Oh, and one last thing, as good a rider as Jon Francavilla is, he is a much better dancer!!

Over the weekend, we rode Friday and Saturday, nothing broke, no one got hurt and we had an incredible time. The only downer was our stand going bye bye.

Can't wait til next year.

Scottie Mac

i had a great time and it was nice to put some faces to screen names.

dude on the eme ski was rippin out there.

hurt my back on the blaster on saturday:17:,when i got home i put a set of bars off a wetjet
on it and it feels good....cant wait for oc this weekend!

i shouldve never shut down chix on friday night...lol
then setup at 5am..... then ride.

daytona is on the calendar next!!!!!

Buckwild12

I'm moved by DASA power!
AWESOME PICS OF THE X-2 BAIL! I dont know about you guys but I am sore as crap today! Wilkey it was fun watching you ride, makes me feel like a tard out there!

Flyinbysti

Rad Dudes
awesome pics...I am bummed I missed it this year. I am going to have to take off next year and head down there.

MattyBoom

Amsoil Rep/Machine Shop
I just want to start off by saying thank you to everyone who helped me drag my sunken ski in! My hood flew off my sxr and it all went down hill from there, a bunch of guys jumped off skis and ran in from the beach to help me keep her afloat and bring her into shore. I really appreciate it! If you happened to help me shoot me a pm or something and let me know id really like to put names to your faces lol.

Other then my ski sinking i had a great time, the drive down took about 8 hours from NY we got there late friday night, and i was worried about the surf conditions as i looked at them from the room, turns out i was worried for no reason, the surf was amazing.... Kinda sucks that it rained sunday i was planning on trying to blow the hood off my ski again.

All in all it was a great weekend, sunk recovered and got my ski running again and met some cool people. Like i said thanks again to everyone who helped me and everyone who setup the event.

I had some friends taking pics from the beach i will have to do some editing and post them on my photobucket but i will put them up shortly....there was a guy taking pics of my motor as water was draining out of it, if your him or know him please send me that pic lol

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
I had a great time.... Great to put faces with names..... Virginia bch was such a nice place to bring the family, cant wait for Daytona to roll around.

WILKEY

SO FAR CHANGE SUCKS!!!!!!
had a blast!!!!! cant wait to see some more pics!! meet some cool new people to party with at daytona fo sho!!!!!! hope everyone made it home safely and isnt too sore;)

Josh thanks for the pics brotha!! i love doin them small wave backie's the fast rotation is addicting!!!

Wad man u need to change your avatar pic lol

wadman

wadman
ill do that now. i had foot straps on my other x2 and didn't have time to put them on this new hull yet. its a must for the surf.

Peam

frozen in the ice
the kid next door to my room is the one who snapped his pole off on flat water friday. so he buys an $800 adjustable pole switches it all over friday night, Saturday SNAP! busts the thing off at the weld in 47 seconds. all he was doing was sitting in the tray on his way out did not even hit one wave with it. i couldn't believe it.

My poor poles! lol I got wasted friday night for nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom