Custom/Hybrid WDK ROK-R 927 66E Based Build up!

burton391

in your house
Why would taking a few thousanths off the height of a flat surface need a CNC? Also not sure how to tell what's driving that machine from that pic?

get your facts straight sonny. never said it needed a CNC. just a simpile question for some one that builds more then just one motor. CNC is faster and more precise when doing more then just one. plus i can tell whats driving that mill.

then you need dif part programs that cost money unless ur smart enough to work on engines and program computers which most people are either one or the other

burton391

in your house
then you need dif part programs that cost money unless ur smart enough to work on engines and program computers which most people are either one or the other

Wtf are you talking about? ? Maybe your not smart enough but dont speak for other people.

Last edited:
machine runs a program for every part 66e one program 62t another program. lets see a manual 2 axis brigdeport machinest write program dont usually happen. dumb question about cnc these werent billet parts cut from scratch he was taking material off oem cast. numb nuts. my point cash to much money for a little project.

machine runs a program for every part 66e one program 62t another program. lets see a manual 2 axis brigdeport machinest write program dont usually happen. dumb question about cnc these werent billet parts cut from scratch he was taking material off oem cast. numb nuts. my point cash to much money for a little project.

You need to get some smarter friends. There's 5 of us don't exists guys just in my office. We are a small shop to. I still love a manual machine though. Anymore all I have to do is send it down the hill I don't run parts I create them.

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
I dont want to russle any feathers but CNCs aren't designed for porting they are designed to manufacture parts. Porting is done with knowledge and hand tools. Nothing wrong with using a Bridgeport to lower port timing by decking the cases to change the cylinder base height

I Don't own them, don't need to. I have the best job out there for me. I create large high tolerance assemblies and generate code for all cut square scribe and hole procedures. The 3d nc is generated by mostly one man almost in his 70's. we do more with 3 axis then most do with 4. We have a very simple solution for angles and drilling on angles that leaves us no need for a rotary.
I can rotate all compound cuts to be done 3 axis no problem.
I understand you seem to know a lot about the machines. That's really cool. But that doesn't leave it open to bash on people that can do more with them then you or what you have seen.

Didnt sound like he was bashing to me, just pointing out how using a cnc to deck the case would be...... stupid. If you read the thread its a one off job, if ten cases needed to be cut then fine cnc. That was the point he was trying to make, but the know it alls on here always gotta start in on someone so carry on.....

this is all from burtons post asking why a man is using a manual mill to do a simple job as ktm434 just stated. it was a dumb question and hes knows the answer. lol thats all i was saying. lol generally speaking most people are either mechanically inclined or computer savvy. a brain a geek whatever you wana call it. lol wasn't tryn to start anything. back on topic i had a cast cylinder 66e based 997 with waterdawg parts i didnt care for it. but they have came a long way since then :smokin:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
this is all from burtons post asking why a man is using a manual mill to do a simple job as ktm434 just stated. it was a dumb question and hes knows the answer. lol thats all i was saying. lol generally speaking most people are either mechanically inclined or computer savvy. a brain a geek whatever you wana call it. lol wasn't tryn to start anything. back on topic i had a cast cylinder 66e based 997 with waterdawg parts i didnt care for it. but they have came a long way since then :smokin:

lol bro amirite

burton391

in your house

Man I wish I knew a machinist. I don't care if it's a one off part I would still do it in the cnc because I can set it up just as fast as the manual mill. I never said anything about porting. Truthfully I feel sorry for you. You need to gain some knowledge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom