What was your FIRST ski?

cmeripper26

Ripper26
I first got hooked on a early 90's Kawi 650. My first purchase was 2000 Ultra 150! I can credit buying that sit down to switching me over to strictly standups after i started nose stabbing that boat! Never been back to the sit down scene!

agua

FIshing for Stand ups
My dad owned a wet bike, then my brother got a 750sx then superjet and now i own an x2 and 550 convertion at age 16

Schmidty721

someone turf my rails
Saw these two skies for sale on my way home to my parents over memorial day weekend last year. Offered the guy the three hundred $$ I had on me and away I went. Put about 4 hours on the 550 and then rode my brother SJ, sold the 550 and sea doo and bought the 2 SN's I have now last fall.

Attachments

• P1000233.jpg
    P1000233.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 43

Odd Duck

Jet Vet
'87 WaveJammer, I built it in '05. I still love the Jammer. Great ski IMO just no power, I kinda wish I would of commited to building a 701 super Jammer w/ a 144mm pump instead of building a SquareNose. I learned to ride the surf on a Jammer. Good times.

If you can find me a dirt cheap WRIII pump (including tunnel and everything), you'll someday be able to ride mine at a free ride. It's got the 701, just doesn't have the 144 yet. Someday, though. And do I know you? :biggrin:

my 1st ride was good cause i had both a wr500 and a "worked"440 to try. rode the wr500 1st. 10 15 mins. then the 440 i ran it untell it ran out of gas. lol that was in the summer of 1988. bought a 1985 550 the next day!! loved and hated that ski at the same time.

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
'87 550 I bought in 1990... the POS grenaded on me after a couple months. So i turned around and did a mild engine build and new gelcoat. I rode it for about another year. In the mean time I talked my buddy into buying the new SN (no-one had even ridden one). I picked up a 92 SN and turned that into a nice limited (sold in `95-96). Bought my `04 RN in 2008.

I ended up selling the 550 to my buddy that had a shop. He did a "cut-away" on it and put it up in his showroom.

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
1989 650sx

x2, learned on a 440 demo at my buddies motorcycle shop, then years later purchased the 650sx then sold it and bought a 1 year old new 94 sxi, then got wise to a RN SJ and never looked at a Kawi the same way since.

LastScan.jpg

My boy on my first ski. Sad thing is he now rides a RN I built and is quickly surpassing me @ 17 years old. Gotta buy a new hull to try and keep an edge LOL. :dunno:

First bought a Polaris SLX 1050. I had never sat on or even touched a jetski...they were completely foreign to me.

Picked it up for $1k but it was backfiring. Screwed with it for a while and finally gave up and listed on ebay. Sold it for nearly double what I gave for it and that started my addiction.

First standup I bought was a 94 SJ...bpipe, msd enhancer and a few other goodies on it. Hull was beat

Shifty

- SuperJet Thursday -
First "PWC" ridden was my brothers stock 1991 JS550's

Then I found a 1996 Blaster that was sunk with a damaged hull. Had that for a few years.

Now I have an '08 SJ and it rules.

Tyler Zane

Open Your Eyes
my dad bought a 92 550sx from his friend in 95. he rode it a few years, then kinda forgot about it in the back yard. well needless to say a few years ago he said if you can get it to run you can have it. ski still looked great, its all original. but i didnt think it would run. it had beem sitting for so long the wheels on the trailer wouldnt spin. so i put some new gas in it and pored a couple caps of oil down the spark plug holes. it didnt turn over, so i just knew it was locked up. so i slept on the idea of rebuilding it a few nights. right before i was about to pull the motor out to tear apart and check out the damage inside the case i figured what the hell ill try one more time. and ill be damn if it didnt pop right off. runs like a bat out of hell, and i have rode it 3-4 times a week for two summers. best of all it was free. but just like everyone else a couple months ago i bought a 04 SJ....

Cannibal

Tasty Human
First rode my uncle's 77 440 and blew the engine. We got a 79 440, hull was trashed, then found a 91 440, engine was toast, swapped in 79 440 engine and finally sold the 91 this last spring, still going strong. I had that ski since 94.

Top Bottom