Would you pay $1/month to support the site and have ZERO ads?

Would you pay $1/month or $10/year to have ZERO ads on the site?

• Yes

Votes: 169 47.5%
  • No

Votes: 184 51.7%
  • Yes, but a different amount

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
ok well i voted no when i saw the poll............ but now that i read whats goin on im down to pay!

my head..............owe my head........f*ck wine i tell you!

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
You would have to find a way that newbies could still join without paying because otherwise it might affect the future growth of the site.
I really don't even notice the ads anymore.

Once again, the site wouldn't change from what it looks like right now, not one bit. Paying members just wouldn't see the ads.

New/nonpaying members will see it exactly the way it is right now.

I joined a boat diesel forum at $25/yr because it was the best place to go for boat diesel info by far. You could browse current topics and the first couple sentences of responses without being a member.....It kinda let you see just enough to make you pay to see everything and post questions. That's probably not the right model for this site, but it is something to think about....

gorilla

There's Always A Light At The End Of The Tunnel !!
maybe try running a raffle for your operating funds.

i'm not sure what you could raffle off, but it's just my 2 banana's.

get wet

gorilla

cattledog

EH TEAM RACING
i would pay ten dollars a year no problem, i know you said for no ideas but how about people donating spare parts and the money going to the x, heck i would pay 20 dollars per year and another 20 from the wife there is 40 right there

ger87410

How did I get here?
Hold the suggestions on raising money like auctions and raffles and stuff, I've heard that all before but this thread is about this specific topic. (and no you don't need to pm me about it either, I get waaaayyyy too many pm's)

maybe try running a raffle for your operating funds.

i'm not sure what you could raffle off, but it's just my 2 banana's.

get wet

gorilla

:haha:

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Total Members: 4,988, Active Members: 1,141, I don't think this is going to be a problem to find at least 200 members devoted enough to support the "X".

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
the ads don't bother me, so i would not pay to get rid of them (because I am cheap too).

But if the site needed funds (which it sounds like it is a little short) I would gladly pay $10 a year to keep the site afloat.

I won't post any fund raising ideas... :aargh4:

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
Jett... do realize that only 20% of the people that do click "yes, I would pay $10". will actually pay the $10.

Top Bottom