Would you pay $1/month to support the site and have ZERO ads?

Would you pay $1/month or $10/year to have ZERO ads on the site?

• Yes

Votes: 169 47.5%
  • No

Votes: 184 51.7%
  • Yes, but a different amount

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
I would pay 12 a year and I say keep the adds as well. The surplus is yours to spend as you see fit. Give aways? More bandwidth? Site development (fulgaz!!!)? Dinner with the family...? Whatever it takes to keep us up.

Lets see these hull and engine builders step up and cover some of this, they are selling for free on the X. Without the X they would be back at PWC today among the Sea Poo ads.

Mark44

As much as I would like to say he's an idiot.... He has a point this is a free market to those who have their business built on this site. Where else do you have the diehard standup community cornered.

And leave the adds and I would still pay to visit daily for the Supporting Member badge..LOL

Mark44

Katie's Boss
As much as I would like to say he's an idiot.... He has a point this is a free market to those who have their business built on this site. Where else do you have the diehard standup community cornered.

And leave the adds and I would still pay to visit daily for the Supporting Member badge..LOL

WTF I build America so there is no way I could be an idiot........

If the builders say they don't make enough to support this site I would have to say they need to look at other way of earning a living then.

Mark44

The Penguin

triple secret probation
it wasn't me - it was some of the builders/shops.

I've made some donations in the past I think. - personally, I think that anyone that has more than 4,923 posts should pay the site on a per post basis. :biggrin:

SuziQ

Banned
I honestly rarely notice the ads. Regarding charging the builders, sellers etc., it will only drive the buyers costs up to cover whatever their set expense logically. Perhaps start out with the volunteer method with the added perks, then if that doesn’t produce enough revenue, make it straight across the board for all.

I am a member of another forum that is setup in this sort of way. You can join for free but cant post in the clasifieds until you make a donation or make a ceartain amount of post's. WWW.screamandfly.com ther are diferent levels of membership all with greater percs. I would givbe $10 just to use your clasifieds and gain the knowledge spread around this site.

douglee25

m3booooy
I don't even post here like I used to but I would still pay to help the site live on. The site has been nothing but a good place for exchange of good information and ideas. I would pay $10/year without question.

Another suggestion is for people selling items to have a donation at the time of sale depending on the selling price.

ie -

Sell for less than $100 - donate $5.

Sell for between $100 to $1000 - donate $10.

Sell for between $1000 to $10,000 - donate $15.

Something along those lines.

Doug

Top Bottom