Would you pay $1/month to support the site and have ZERO ads?

Would you pay $1/month or $10/year to have ZERO ads on the site?

• Yes

Votes: 169 47.5%
  • No

Votes: 184 51.7%
  • Yes, but a different amount

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I don't even post here like I used to but I would still pay to help the site live on. The site has been nothing but a good place for exchange of good information and ideas. I would pay $10/year without question.

Another suggestion is for people selling items to have a donation at the time of sale depending on the selling price.

ie -

Sell for less than $100 - donate $5.

Sell for between $100 to $1000 - donate $10.

Sell for between $1000 to $10,000 - donate $15.

Something along those lines.

Doug

I think this would end a lot of sales here.

JMHO.

Matt_E

Site Supporter
Feeling generous, eh?

An idea: Give members the option to pay for a custom user title for any member they choose. :biggrin:
Also, have members pitch in to temp-ban other people of choice for a time proportional to money spent.

Last edited:

ger87410

How did I get here?
Feeling generous, eh?

An idea: Give members the option to pay for a custom user title for any member they choose. :biggrin:
Also, have members pitch in to temp-ban other people of choice for a time proportional to money spent.

That's guaranteed to cause hurt feelings.

Tricky this.
I, just as many above would support the X, would pay to support our UK forum (pwcforums.co.uk), but then when you surf numerous sites, do you pay for all of them.... i would suggest not.

So you risk alienating people like me, probably the bulk of all your members, who do not log-on or post every day, but hopefully, add to the diversity and richness of the site as a whole.

Our forum had tried a voluntary donation scheme, but not many people actually paid.

IMO, stick with the ads and commercial route, at least that way you're in control, if you charge, you reduce traffic and then the advertisers are even less interested.

As I said though tricky, cos you're paying money for it personally, which is unfair.

i think its a good idea... but like most say, unless the members are getting something " extra" there not going to pay " why pay for the cow when you get the milk for free?" along those lines.... alot of other forums offer nice features for paying members.... like image hosting, emails, section for members , raffles, ect

and i agree with above ^^^^ you will reduce the amount of people coming here ..... since 99% of forums are free.

oh and if you want to sell let me know :D

x-h20.com is worth $6,295 PWC today is worth $232,306 greenhulk.net is worth $900,407

cha ching?

Last edited:

ger87410

How did I get here?
i think its a good idea... but like most say, unless the members are getting something " extra" there not going to pay " why pay for the cow when you get the milk for free?"

So you don't have to listen to the cow tell you about this cool new site where you can find hot men looking for action in your town. :wiggle:

douglee25

m3booooy
I think this would end a lot of sales here.

JMHO.

I didn't say the fees were set in stone, it was the principal I was after. What if it was $1 < $100, $3 < $1000, $5 < $10,000? You get the point.

You would stop selling if you had to pay a few bucks like that? If people can't afford a few bucks off a sale, you don't deserve to own a ski.

Doug

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
once again, for those that have not paid attention/read my posts:

NOTHING WILL CHANGE FOR ANYONE, IT WILL STAY A FREE SITE WITH ADS.
unless you subscribe, then the ads disappear, that's all that would change. It would not drive anyone away because it would look/function exactly the same as now.

SuperJETT

i think xmetal and trinity composites should pony up the 2grand or whatever..this place is basically one big ad for them
:rolleyes:

It can be a big ad for anyone, it's free, and I don't want to make any companies feel unwelcome. Most choose not to participate online (anywhere) because it can be a double-edged sword.

SuperJETT

I donated 20 bucks once and never got a sticker or the thank you email. That kind of put me off a little.

But if it came down to it, I would pony up 10 a year.

There was an entire forum for site supporters with a big thank you thread in it, did you never read it?

I don't have stickers, never have except for Daytona one year, so it's hard to send them out if I don't have them.

Sorry you feel that way, but it was a totally voluntary donation to keep the site running, it's not like it went in my pocket and I didn't say thank you.

Matt_E

Site Supporter
For what it's worth, all of my suggestions were jokes.

The ads don't bother me, but for the sake of raising revenue, I would be subscriber.

Top Bottom