X metal water box

Frosty

New York Crew
my ski is loud as hell with the XMW water box with front and rear exhaust. This time of year it's fine, nobody at the beach, pretty much just out on wavey days. During the summer it will be way too loud for the beach goers. I might try and use a plug on the front exhaust outlet just for the summer months.

P

PancakePete

And to wonder why the AWA has to work its ass off to keep the waterways open for us all........... personally, it is annoying as hell sounding..........

You sound like me... lol WHats up your butt ! They are not bad ! (my opinion)

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
They are not bad ! (my opinion)

Mine too, as long as I am on the ski brapping it.

Now stand on shore, try to take a walk or have a conversation with a loved one.

See what you think.
Keep in mind, I got an XMW waterbox, too.
It has already caused major yelling by dissatisfied parties at a lake resort.

I might try and use a plug on the front exhaust outlet just for the summer months.

That's my plan...a rubber plug.

Mark44

Katie's Boss
LOL Katie gets pizzed when we are out and I ride up and try to talk to her and that is with a stock box with front and rear.

X box is way tooooo LOUD for me. IMO

Mark44

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
is their any way to make the x box quieter? i know most people buy it for the weight savings.. why not stick a baffle or 2 in thier?

Frosty

New York Crew
is their any way to make the x box quieter? i know most people buy it for the weight savings.. why not stick a baffle or 2 in thier?

Yamaslut ran a water bypass to about 2"s before where the front exhaust outlet goes through the hull to act as a water curtain to help dampen the sound.

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
For competition use it is a great box......... for riding at the lake or beach with Mrs. Jones and her family, it is a nuisance.........

Yer just jealous cuz mine sounds bigger than yers! LOL
Yers actually rolls, mine don't. One of these days I'm gonna
get to T town w/u can ride and teach my noisey box to roll.

Superjet3

Waterlogged
Ya know. The boxes might be a little loud, but no where near as loud as the performance boats. Also, here in NJ the Db limit is 89 at idle from 5 feet away. There is no way in hell we are over that so we are completely legal. I would rather be loud and be seen than quiet and ran over. Just my opinion though. Everyone has one. Guess the people complaining are getting "Old". LOL....

Last edited:

Matt_E

Site Supporter
I've never been in a position to be run over because my ski wasn't loud enough. :dunno:

P

PancakePete

Ya know. The boxes might be a little loud, but no where near as loud as the performance boats. Also, here in NJ the Db limit is 89 at idle from 5 feet away. There is no way in hell we are over that so we are completely legal. I would rather be loud and be seen than quiet and ran over. Just my opinion though. Everyone has one. Guess the people complaining are getting "Old". LOL....

See, I guess its the surroundings... Because on a quite small lake, I could see it getting really annoying... But from our houses 1+mile from Bay and ocean.. You can hear the triple v8 2,000 hp cigarete boats.... and when we are all ripping... you can hear us a little , but still all you hear is that insane grumble from the race boats (ya, know Joe, vinnie bobby, AAH !)
Dem scootas ar da ********... dey too quite dooo ! AHhh !

I think we talking 2 different worlds.

Matt_E

Site Supporter
And to clarify, I think the noise my boat puts out is acceptable in our usual riding spots (big river) and the ocean.
But on the family reunion, a small lake with a bunch of retired fishermen, things can get ...... hairy.

Top Bottom