X metal water box

P

PancakePete

And to clarify, I think the noise my boat puts out is acceptable in our usual riding spots (big river) and the ocean.
But on the family reunion, a small lake with a bunch of retired fishermen, things can get ...... hairy.

Word !

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
not to add fuel to the fire (you know i would never do that), but those cigarettes, loud as they may be.... usually just fly through.. the difference is... the jetskier folk tend to stay in the same area..... all... day.... long....

i can see how that irritates people just going to the beach/lake to chill out/relax.

but we've already established i'm getting seriously old, quick. :smile:

Next thing you know, you'll be riding fourstroke dirtbikes.

Wait...

P

PancakePete

not to add fuel to the fire (you know i would never do that), but those cigarettes, loud as they may be.... usually just fly through.. the difference is... the jetskier folk tend to stay in the same area..... all... day.... long....

i can see how that irritates people just going to the beach/lake to chill out/relax.

but we've already established i'm getting seriously old, quick. :smile:

I agree with you.. We ride all over the bay.. But I can see if a bunch of dudes Flatwater it up in one spot..
To clearify... there is like cig. boats every 2 seconds in bay... I see what you mean though...

It old. I just wanted to put a perspective on where we ride.. Dirty Jerzy !
You can taste the oil in that bay... :fing02:

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
For competition use it is a great box......... for riding at the lake or beach with Mrs. Jones and her family, it is a nuisance.........

This is true, I think the law was called on us in OB this weekend because of my loud azz boat. I like it when riding it but I can see where it would be obnoxious to people on shore. The chick on the General Jackson was pointing at only be out of prolly 6 of us and flipping me off and holding her ears. Must be the x-metal box, cuz chics usually dig me LOL.

eel

Our home is girt by sea
never autopsied an xmetal.

I will though.

No point of being noiser without a proven gain.

I agree with you.. We ride all over the bay.. But I can see if a bunch of dudes Flatwater it up in one spot..
To clearify... there is like cig. boats every 2 seconds in bay... I see what you mean though...

It old. I just wanted to put a perspective on where we ride.. Dirty Jerzy !
You can taste the oil in that bay... :fing02:[/QUOTE

I agree with you man, until some of you guys have seen the traffic on barnagat bay or in some of the inlets around hear- its nuts. Most of them dont pay attention and the noise level is high. When you sit on the ocean you can still hear boats on the bay.

But in a lake or small spot xmetal may be not the greatest idea

Pete you know you love the taste of our oily water

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I got mine primarily to have a box with a Tee already welded on. And it's noticably lighter.

I have the X metal box with rear exhaust only and all my friends and I think it sounds fantastic. It's not that loud to me, just a lower cool sound.

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
would defeat the purpose.

i agree the xmw is more for a comp environment.

i can't stand the sound/noise from fl-cracker's ski. it irritates me.

These vids were taken the same day in July this year:

FL-Cracker's ski

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK63tdZXFJg

My ski

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNuBTKTyujk

notice in my vid, i'm much closer to the camera than cracker is and my boat is much quieter... and .....you can still hear *his* ski in the background over mine every once in a while.

Saki,

Thanks for posting that. You just saved me $229.00. That waterbox would have to triple my horsepower for me to put up with that noise. And, yes, i am old, plus my fellow lake dwellers get annoyed enough with my relatively quiet stock waterboxed SJ as it is.

Top Bottom