X metal water box

crammit442

makin' legs
so is xmetal that much better?
xmetal box: $229:shocked:
factory pipe box at jetworld: $91.25 for a SN ???:bigeyes:

I'd say no. It's not a "bit louder". It's MEGA LOUD!!!!!! Evicted from the lake kind of loud and I believe most will lose performance. If (and that's a big if) you feel a performance increase it's most likely attributable to the use of a front outlet. I've seen them replaced with a stock box on a big bore motor as well as on a large displacement stroker and both felt that their boats ran better with the stock box. Plus now they aren't as likely to piss off everyone else on the lake. The weight you save is so minimal that it should not even be a factor in the decision. The stock box only weighs a bit under 6 lbs. With a restricted stinger the water content of the stock box is very low so the "holds less water" argument doesn't wash either. If this was any other boat, all of the people recommending these would be saying to spend money elsewhere. It's a fad. (just my opinion, by the way:smile:).

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
I'd say no. It's not a "bit louder". It's MEGA LOUD!!!!!! Evicted from the lake kind of loud and I believe most will lose performance. If (and that's a big if) you feel a performance increase it's most likely attributable to the use of a front outlet. I've seen them replaced with a stock box on a big bore motor as well as on a large displacement stroker and both felt that their boats ran better with the stock box. Plus now they aren't as likely to piss off everyone else on the lake. The weight you save is so minimal that it should not even be a factor in the decision. The stock box only weighs a bit under 6 lbs. With a restricted stinger the water content of the stock box is very low so the "holds less water" argument doesn't wash either. If this was any other boat, all of the people recommending these would be saying to spend money elsewhere. It's a fad. (just my opinion, by the way:smile:).

Charles, I still can't believe the gains from a lousy waterbox myself, PLEASE keep in mind,
701 LPW ported
stk 38's properly jetted
mod chamber B pipe
pro series flow valve
stk lightened flywheel(LPW)
frt and stk rear exhaust
13/16 Solas
wet wolfe stubby
bored exit nozzle(LPW)
I've ridden standups for 23 years now and have never 'felt' any increase due to diff water boxes. Some have sounded sooo good that it gives u the perception that it's better, but really not. I think I just got really lucky on the set up I have, the X metal REALLY compliments my particular set up.

Of course now that I just typed all this, last week was 1st time out for X metal h2o box and water temp was much cooler, and air qaulity was great.
Every 2 smoke I've ever had did better in the winter time than August.
cold water in=red eng temp
cold air in=more hp
who knows, oh well, got the X metal and I like it. All in all, I see your point of view.

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
would defeat the purpose.

i agree the xmw is more for a comp environment.

i can't stand the sound/noise from fl-cracker's ski. it irritates me.

These vids were taken the same day in July this year:

FL-Cracker's ski

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK63tdZXFJg

My ski

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNuBTKTyujk

notice in my vid, i'm much closer to the camera than cracker is and my boat is much quieter... and .....you can still hear *his* ski in the background over mine every once in a while.

This right here say it all.
I guess I will stay with OEM waterbox as I ride small inland lakes and PO the locals and fishermen enough as it is!

Top Bottom