X metal water box

thegoldenboy

RN Surgery... soon
This sucks. I really wanted to run an XMetal Waterbox with rear only for my local lake, than front and rear when I'm out on the big water.

I was thinking a quick removable T would be better than a plug. I'd have to fab something up and cut the T from XMetal off, than use silicone couplers and hoseclamps.

I don't mind changing it up although you'd have to pull the tank, etc.

The plug thing seems too easily to pop off.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
That is your problem, Roll Left and you will get it, it all about the rotational mass of the crank.......... when your roll right the crank is working against you........

RoyalFlush@PCB

Shootin' The Crap
This sucks. I really wanted to run an XMetal Waterbox with rear only for my local lake, than front and rear when I'm out on the big water.

I was thinking a quick removable T would be better than a plug. I'd have to fab something up and cut the T from XMetal off, than use silicone couplers and hoseclamps.

I don't mind changing it up although you'd have to pull the tank, etc.

The plug thing seems too easily to pop off.

I am running an X-Metal with rear only on my WCF ski. I am using a rubber "GEM Cap" that is used by plumbers to block off for testing drainage systems. I see no reason you can't do the same.

It is MUCH quieter than my Wamilton's ski was with front and rear.

does anyone have any idea of how many db's the x metal box is with front and rear exit exhaust? i really want one to save wait and to help my tail stands, but where i ride the db limit is 75db's from 50ft away. the noise doesnt bother me, but i dont want tickets for my exhaust.

can you order the xmetal box for rear exit only?

Just get the regular and buy a rubber pipe cap from Home Depot. That's what Pat recommended to me and it's held up perfect for 30+ hours so far. Do it that way and you'll have the option for dual later.....or if you want to sell it.

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
so is xmetal that much better?
xmetal box: $229:shocked:
factory pipe box at jetworld: $91.25 for a SN ???:bigeyes:

CarFanatic

Fiberglassing Newb
Just get the regular and buy a rubber pipe cap from Home Depot. That's what Pat recommended to me and it's held up perfect for 30+ hours so far. Do it that way and you'll have the option for dual later.....or if you want to sell it.

just a regular rubber cap? Doesn't leak water or exhaust?

Top Bottom