Yamaha Octane build

looks sick, glad to see it coming along so quickly!

dont u have your old pipe still?? i know its kinda beat but just for now maybe?

thanks for the compliment. I sent the old pipe to jeff at the beginning of the summer.

Literally, its the only piece keeping me from testing.

Mine ran better all around with the pv's in the open position. We think its because of the larger bore (88mm) , it seems the exhaust port is too small when pv's are closed. I tried it several times and this had the best low end punch.

thanks for the compliment. I sent the old pipe to jeff at the beginning of the summer.

Literally, its the only piece keeping me from testing.

Mine ran better all around with the pv's in the open position. We think its because of the larger bore (88mm) , it seems the exhaust port is too small when pv's are closed. I tried it several times and this had the best low end punch.

I know where a pipe is, I just don't think I could sneak it past Brian :popworm: he might notice it was missing :wink: Glad to see its coming together (somewhat) Hope you get your pipe soon, September 28th is coming up fast.

I cant tell you guys how pleased I am with this ski. It handles really nice, it is soo comfortable and stable but still flicks around like a freestyle sj. my 950 pulls very hard, the 144 mag is a much better match for my motor than the 148mag i ran before. Chad, Luke and I rode it today, and it performed perfect. I would have never guessed it would have turned out this well with so many changes and unknowns. I"m going to get some worthy video this weekend

Y

yamaslut

I cant tell you guys how pleased I am with this ski. It handles really nice, it is soo comfortable and stable but still flicks around like a freestyle sj. my 950 pulls very hard, the 144 mag is a much better match for my motor than the 148mag i ran before. Chad, Luke and I rode it today, and it performed perfect. I would have never guessed it would have turned out this well with so many changes and unknowns. I"m going to get some worthy video this weekend

I'm stoked for you.... this was such a nice build

please hide that thing in daytona, cause you are gonna have 50 people wanting to feel it out... I am very interested in the overall balance and handling of the ski.... I have always liked the octane hulls...
:hail:

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.

:woot: U are such a PIMP Ramjet, :bow28: a seamingly flawless build in very little time and came out just as planned. I hope mine comes out the same but it is nothing near this caliber of work.

Turn plate is stock length, the pole on an octane must be longer, because even this setup is shorter than I'm used to. A shortend turn plate would have me laying on the hood. I can always pull it in a couple of inches later.
I'm seriously considering a rr pole so i can adjust everything . I could also cut the waterdawg pad part off and put on a standard pole pad if I feel theres a safety issue after riding it.

The ski is almost completed, still have some plumbing and minor things to finish in the engine compartment. If I had my pipe chamber I could water test it on friday.

Really need my pipe.

this has crossed my mind a couple of times as well...its the ONE thing about this pole that I dont like!

awesome build Tom!

Top Bottom