Yamaha Octane build

tubbs

X-
this pic looks as if you have fitted some awesome ride plate and sponsons

til i noticed it was the hood doh!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• octanebuild 008.jpg
    octanebuild 008.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 1,110
Last edited:
bulkhead was made today. it was wetted out with 7 layers of 12oz biaxial cloth. A cardboard templete was made and then the glass was fitted. Lots of trial and error. I also started trimming up the waterdawg interior plate. My goal is to leave the plate mostly intact because Jeff has already done all the hard work by placing the motor mount holes, drive bearing hole, etc in the right place. He pre-drilled my holes with his jig so I don't want to alter the alignment. All I have to do is glue the plate in the right spot in the hull to keep everything in alignment. Eventually the plate and bulkhead will be glued to the hull. All gaps will be glassed over then covered with texilium for appearance.

Attachments

• octanebuild 034.jpg
    octanebuild 034.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 127
  • octanebuild 032.jpg
    octanebuild 032.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 136
  • octanebuild 036.jpg
    octanebuild 036.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 136
  • octanebuild 035.jpg
    octanebuild 035.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
more pics, I'll plan on trimming much more of the interior plate, but I've set it together to get a feel of what needs and can trimmed.

Attachments

• octanebuild 037.jpg
    octanebuild 037.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 138
  • octanebuild 038.jpg
    octanebuild 038.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 105
  • octanebuild 039.jpg
    octanebuild 039.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 154
  • octanebuild 041.jpg
    octanebuild 041.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Major setback the last couple of days, the motor bed sits too high in the hull to get proper engine alignment. I have been grinding fiberglass a couple of days now and just cant get it to an acceptable height so I'm going to have to go another way with motor mount placement and ditch the interior insert.

A good thing is my tilt nozzle came from legdrag today and it's a killer piece. It's built by skat-trak and doesnt use any oem pieces. I had to mock it up to see if everything was going to clear and if I was going to have to move my steering cable hole (I don't).

Attachments

• octanebuild 019.jpg
    octanebuild 019.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 192
  • octanebuild 010.jpg
    octanebuild 010.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 182
  • octanebuild 006.jpg
    octanebuild 006.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 119
  • octanebuild 007.jpg
    octanebuild 007.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 200
  • octanebuild 001.jpg
    octanebuild 001.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 104
nozzle pics

Attachments

• octanebuild 013.jpg
    octanebuild 013.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 158
  • octanebuild 011.jpg
    octanebuild 011.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 101
  • octanebuild 016.jpg
    octanebuild 016.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 107
  • octanebuild 014.jpg
    octanebuild 014.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 88
  • octanebuild 017.jpg
    octanebuild 017.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 176

douglee25

m3booooy
Major setback the last couple of days, the motor bed sits too high in the hull to get proper engine alignment. I have been grinding fiberglass a couple of days now and just cant get it to an acceptable height so I'm going to have to go another way with motor mount placement and ditch the interior insert.

A good thing is my tilt nozzle came from legdrag today and it's a killer piece. It's built by skat-trak and doesnt use any oem pieces. I had to mock it up to see if everything was going to clear and if I was going to have to move my steering cable hole (I don't).

I had a feeling it wasn't going to fit :sneaky:

Doug

Y

yamaslut

very nice part

Top Bottom