Yamaha Octane build

chad

I pretty much love beer
Site Supporter
In the very 1st and 2nd post from this thread. Why did you cut holes in the back and glass them again? It looks like it was put back the same way it was to begin with. What did you do differently? How does that change effect the ski? I thought maybe that'd be a one way but it was put right back together. =\

the back end was angeled the opposite direction and a little bit longer
I think it was 3 1/2 inches chopped off the back .its angeled in for ease with backflipping

Last edited:
more progress the last couple of days. I decided the bulkhead needed to be thicker since i wasn't using the back part of the waterdawg part. Bulkhead is covered in texilium and glued in place. We also glued in alot of the inserts and aluminum exhaust. I ended up having to move the steering cable up to get it to work with the tilt nozzle without binding anywhere. We plan on finishing the plumbing of the back end tomorrow and start laying glass over the aluminum motor plates.

Attachments

• moreoctane 004.jpg
    moreoctane 004.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 209
  • moreoctane 005.jpg
    moreoctane 005.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 207
  • moreoctane 007.jpg
    moreoctane 007.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 153
  • moreoctane 009.jpg
    moreoctane 009.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 217
  • moreoctane 010.jpg
    moreoctane 010.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 227
in 800 configuration it will be by the cart tank like yours ( i have to go back your build thread and see how you did it). in 701 configuration it will be in the normal spot.

I'm setting up this ski to run either way with the 62t setup or the 66e setup

not sure yet, i'm running out of the pliogrip I'm using and I'm trying to get some more but the rep wont call back. I'm sure my small order isn't that exciting to him. I'm also going to try to find some plexis if I can't get the green stuff I've been using. I should have everything ready to bond together hopefully early part of next week. Waiting on footholds and my pipe chamber from jeff to do final mockups.

We got all the rear plumbing done today. Steering cable has been moved up to better work with the tilt nozzle. Tube for the trim cable is directly above steering cable tube off to the side so they can be run down the side of the ski. Both cooling lines exit on the manifold side. 3 inch xft scupper. All inserts have been sealed and Every thing has been glued on both sides to keep the foam dry.

Attachments

• octaneplumbing 001.jpg
    octaneplumbing 001.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 248
  • octaneplumbing 003.jpg
    octaneplumbing 003.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 203
  • octaneplumbing 002.jpg
    octaneplumbing 002.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 205
  • octaneplumbing 004.jpg
    octaneplumbing 004.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 206
  • octaneplumbing 007.jpg
    octaneplumbing 007.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 156
we also laid some texilium on the upper part of the hull now, because we thought it would be easier than when its glued together. We had to set the top deck on to see what it would look like.

Attachments

• octaneplumbing 006.jpg
    octaneplumbing 006.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 241
Top Bottom