Yamaha Octane build

butti

lone wolf
You all must be referring to the "updated" octane hood hook design, cause the original setup on my '02 was worthless. The hood would pop off even if the latch stayed closed!!! :11: They came up with the new style for '03 & up I think....

yes i just spoke with corey and he is gonna put up a pic.his are the only ones i have ever seen.he said they are an updated version from watcon

I'm going with the amw superjet bracket, I think the superjet setup works fine, and I'll run a strap. I like to run my pole real tight with a spring and billet brackets dont work that well because the ears dont bend in a little. Still waiting on glue, parts from jeff and bottom deck is at the paint shop

bottom deck is still at the painter, it's primed and I'll pick it up sat. morning. Top deck will finally join the bottom deck on monday.

while I was waiting on parts from WDK, Chad and I fabbed up a hood latch system using some modifed wdk hooks We had to space them up a bit to make the hood fit nice. Backing plate was made also.

We flipped the upper deck over and reinforced the hoodseal area and bracket area. Octanes are really thick here but I usually have problem in these areas so it got a layer of biaxial. Its so easy to reinforce when the top deck is seperate.

Attachments

• moreoctane 072.jpg
    moreoctane 072.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 120
  • moreoctane 073.jpg
    moreoctane 073.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 95
  • moreoctane 075.jpg
    moreoctane 075.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 124
  • moreoctane 078.jpg
    moreoctane 078.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 87
  • moreoctane 076.jpg
    moreoctane 076.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 85
Pole is back from the powder coater, there's a red skin that goes over the top of it.

scallops finally ready for paint

Attachments

• moreoctane 077.jpg
    moreoctane 077.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 156
  • moreoctane 079.jpg
    moreoctane 079.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 191
  • moreoctane 080.jpg
    moreoctane 080.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 134
  • moreoctane 081.jpg