2008 super jet release date 8/20/07 12pm EST

W

wydopen

Why...anybody who is the chit in freeride is not using a Yamaha hull and the ones that are are heavily modified. Almost nothing to do with stock. They couldnt make a factory freeride ski..it would cost as much as a Hydrospace.

most surf riders are running oem hulls no need for aftermarket huls in the surf imo

nikad58

1974 YZ 701
Romor say... The new hull is to be said 2.5 mph faster in all conditions than the old hull and turn SXR like.. It would seem racing does have a impact !

Seems odd that Yamaha would try and retool/design and spit out a new superjet in less than 6 months into a gamble of free ride ! if it was for free ride they could have done more... or did they ? It would have been just fine to beef up the old hull, lower hood/pole and call it the FRSJ..

Above picture Looks like a 07' to me ! ohhhh thats what you have.. lol mine is just like that but with a parachute !

Last edited:
I predict a SXR type bottom with very similar top deck and same motor, carbs,and electronics. the Hull will be good but it is not going to be a SXR killer on the course with the 701.

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
Why...anybody who is the chit in freeride is not using a Yamaha hull and the ones that are are heavily modified. Almost nothing to do with stock. They couldnt make a factory freeride ski..it would cost as much as a Hydrospace.

This is preciseley why they need to change. No they cannot make a ready to go freeride boat and no one ever has (excluding Malones $31,000 "production boat"). They also have never made a ready to race boat, Polaris tried, hydrospace tried, but no dice. But they take some of the ideas from the changes made in the aftermarket world and use them. Like less weight, more HP, stronger handle pole or just a bottom deck design change to make the over all platform the platform of choice to a freerider or a racer that will draw attention to thier product. Kawasaki does well with this in racing but Yamaha doesnt seem to care about either anymore they are stagnet. We will be piecing old SJ parts together forever it seems.

Last edited:

willycrumb

mmmm......beer.....
Millertime-The rules allow a few mods to make the top speeds comprable.

SJBrit and WYDOPEN I guess we will just half to agree to disagree. Well find out shortling who's right or if we are just wasting our breathe cus its nothing.

W

wydopen

Millertime-The rules allow a few mods to make the top speeds comprable.

SJBrit and WYDOPEN I guess we will just half to agree to disagree. Well find out shortling who's right or if we are just wasting our breathe cus its nothing.

im agreeing..they wont make a specific freeride boat..i was just saying that most peole that are the "chit" in surfriding dont use or need to use an am hull..i know those euro guys do but they have a very differnt style (all air) than us imo...

SJBrit

Extraordinary Alien

I don't disagree with you - Yamaha didn't really get connected to the freeride thing till a couple of months ago, so there's no way that figured into their thinking for the '08. I have no idea what the '08 will be, nor any predictions, beyond the fact that it's a major rev, and not just BNG.

I doubt freeride was in there minds very much. But Im just guessing.

For sure, but....

Whether or not it was in their minds when they designed the '08 Superjet, it's definitely on their minds after their participation in the Allatoona freeride.

this is what i heard

production
500 for the states, 1500 overseas 2000 total
same 701 motor for united states, 760 piston in 61x cylinders for overseas
new prop
shorter driveshaft
bottom is different tapers in, in the middle but same length
top is same
black top, white bottom, fiberglass resin and cloth is black , no more scratches
Rius is running one right now, in overseas competition

Msrp $6400

I was told it handles better that the old sj in the corners with less "slide out" and is marginally faster.

But wait: Something more exciting Yamaha has a sport class boat again real similar to the new x2 in size and it has the 800 66e motor in it But it will only be for overseas buyers

I also heard all about some new supercharged 4 stroke sitdown that supposed to be really fast, but due to my runabout a.d.d. i didn't listen to well about it.

CoreyLKN

LKN Freestyle Militia
this is what i heard

production
500 for the states, 1500 overseas 2000 total
same 701 motor for united states, 760 piston in 61x cylinders for overseas
new prop
shorter driveshaft
bottom is different tapers in, in the middle but same length
top is same
black top, white bottom, fiberglass resin and cloth is black , no more scratches
Rius is running one right now, in overseas competition

Msrp $6400

I was told it handles better that the old sj in the corners with less "slide out" and is marginally faster.

But wait: Something more exciting Yamaha has a sport class boat again real similar to the new x2 in size and it has the 800 66e motor in it But it will only be for overseas buyers

I also heard all about some new supercharged 4 stroke sitdown that supposed to be really fast, but due to my runabout a.d.d. i didn't listen to well about it.

That doesnt seem like alot for the US. Thats enough for the members of this site.

I don't think prices of freeride built SJ's will drop. Whatever they come out with won't be able to touch a built ski as far as funtionality for most of us.

I won't be selling mine but I may buy a brand new one if they are sick!! And then attack it with a sawzall:Banane01:

Last edited:
this is so much bullcrap on what these major oem builders are doing to this sport. they dont listen to their customers nor do they supply enough product. 500 superjets......thats 10 per state. why would they only want to sell 500 in the US, thats not even worth building. i actually had the thought that i might get to buy one of these, i highly doubt it now. bs bs bs

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
this is so much bullcrap on what these major oem builders are doing to this sport. they dont listen to their customers nor do they supply enough product. 500 superjets......thats 10 per state. why would they only want to sell 500 in the US, thats not even worth building. i actually had the thought that i might get to buy one of these, i highly doubt it now. bs bs bs

Most dealers won't even place an order for a standup anymore. You produce what you think your dealers will buy and the customers after that. 500 is healthy to start with.

i know i tried to buy one about 2 months ago and no dealer could get me one, again this is new and will be sold out before they even hit the dealerships

Top Bottom