2010 World Finals freestyle thread!

Me, Raisinbread (Hoang), and SipoSupra (Sipo) are going. We are bringing the Rickter, Hoang's Rok, and Sipo's RN SJ. We hope to get there about noon on Friday. We're staying at the Island Inn. I;ll have my iPhone, if you want to meet up just PM me on here.

Where is a good place to drop skis in the water? 2wd truck, Should I bring a beach cart?

Aaron

SUPERJET-113

GASKETS FOR CHAMP BRAP!
Site Supporter
We will be down at BB this afternoon !!!

Although im not local I still would ask everyone to have the courtesy and be nice and take your trash home and stop dumping it down at BB, it looked like a dump there yesterday...so sad considering how beautiful this lake is !!!

Thanks for your concern Chris...

I know.. Its just a matter of time before they close that place down. That huge pile that is sitting on top of that old sitdown bottom deck is disgusting. F'n pisses me off bigtime!
i know its the local punk kids that are trashing the place. Also its "dusk to dawn" skiiing down there and then after dark those punks hang out and start fires, throw beer bottles in the fire, then spit on them and watch them shatter and basically trash the place. Not to mention sh!tting and pissing all over...

Now im geting all worked up again about this BS...:):):):)...

Then when the weather cools off a bit after summer/fall we get some transients down there camping over the hill in those trees and they dont help out at all using the area for a f'n restroom and generally trashing the place.

That picnic table that is in the water used to be chained/paddlocked to the tree on the point and it was there for maybe 20 years and we would take care of it and replace boards on it and paint as needed, then some F heads trashed it...

Gotta go.. am getting to worked up again over this poop. :damnit: :thumbsdown:

...on a brighter note, hope to meet a bunch of X members at the Finals!
Have a great day!

Last edited:

CD155MX

Squirrel!!!
My buddy Justin and I are leaving Southern California tomorrow morning and should be at camp site P-9 tomorrow evening. See everyone there!!!

I should be there Fri-sun
unfortunatly i wont be able to watch the amature freestyl due to my flight not arriving early enough. if someone would "tape" the amatures I would appretiate it.
pm me if your going to be there and are willing to tape it.

pm me my phone will get the PM

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
Orangefinger hooked me up with a couple cell phone vids a BB. Dammmmm. Very brappy. Don't know who the riders were, but the height of rolls, flairs and flips are amazing. Wish I could get down there... I'm scheming...

ItsRixter

SoCal Wav Jumping shiznit
We need to arrange a special time for a x-h2o member meet and greet. That would be cool... Maybe in the beer garden area on Saturday or something?

Would be a great idea !!! W ewill be there 2nd-11th with skis to ride

x2
I'm heading out there in 6 hours. Sticking around until Sunday afternoon for the freestyle comp.

Amature today , pro's tomorrow !!!

Love the replica tent with all the 440's and 550's great job !!!
ROK hull impressive
BOB hull impressive
Still to see KONG x scream

Amateures some good some not so , well mixed, I think they should have a 3rd class like novice or do a cc restriction....

I have most insane footage from Body Beach this evening the japanese "red boats' look strong ( not that i am a fan of same trick over and over again ) but
13-15 BACKFLIPS IN A ROW is just crazy

Bunch of peeps on the Beach bet x -members....say hello you cant miss my ski

Last edited:
Amateur freestyle was amazing. The level of tricks is probably as good as pro was two years ago. The rules are a little weird: it's not a biggest trick contest. Judging by the results the most important thing is combos - being able to string your tricks together. Gomez had trouble landing his rolls and couldn't transition into the next trick.

Jack Moule from the UK was entertaining to me. After every trick he looked so excited and amazed that he pulled it off. Nice kid too. I talked to him and his mom in the lunch line at the taco stand just after the results. They were a real cindarella story on a shoestring budget.

Aaron

Top Bottom