Freestyle 2024 WDK Weapon

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
They don't make retrievers anymore and honestly this seems like a way better option. Cheap too with great reviews. I'll either mount it in the tray or between the hood and handle pole bracket. Could then either attach it to the bow eye or to a u bolt between the hood and handle pole bracket.

I found insurance for the thing but still want to take precautions. Who knows, might fill her up with pool noodles. However I'm concerned that my engine won't get enough air during combos if I did that.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
I do have to install two inserts, Jeff did all but two waterbox inserts that get mounted on the shelf of the bond line.
He said to just gflex the Yamaha strap hooks directly to the hull but I worry that won't last long. Have had gflex alone fail a tank insert before.
I'm thinking either plexus, or gflex+ epoxy resin and some carbon or glass. I have glass on hand but no carbon.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
All holes drilled! Step drill bits turned out perfect. Left room for one more pisser incase I run pipe dry. Bilge outlet is offset so the outgoing water doesn't interfere with the hood. 20240703_182030.jpg20240703_182045.jpg

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
I've asked Jeff enough questions so I figure I'd ask here. @mikesx @Sanoman would the 2x2 3k tow twill tape us composites sells be the ticket? I like the idea of tape as two less edges to fray when cutting it. I do have s glass tape laying around though..

I've asked Jeff enough questions so I figure I'd ask here. @mikesx @Sanoman would the 2x2 3k tow twill tape us composites sells be the ticket? I like the idea of tape as two less edges to fray when cutting it. I do have s glass tape laying around though..
What are you going to be doing with the carbon? What’s the job? The only tapes I’ve got from USC are bi-directional or uni-directional, both are great to use depending on the job. A 2x2 3k twill tape is going to be a handful unless it has sealed edges.

Last edited:

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
What are you going to be doing with the carbon? What’s the job? The only tapes I’ve got from USC are bi-directional or uni-directional, both are great to use depending on the job. A 2x2 3k twill tape is going to be a handful unless it has sealed edges.
Job is just to cover the UFO mounts

Job is just to cover the UFO mounts
I’d buy a wider tape, say 4” -6”, you might lose a little on the edges if you get 2x2 twill. Bi-directional would be easier to deal with and it kinda matches that interior surface. 2x2 twill does conform better though.

Last edited:

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Ignore the mess of a shop lol. Well before I only mocked up the pole with it in the crate. Now with it out and seeing the whole picture I'm really not sure what i want. 20240713_152221.jpg20240713_151917.jpg

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Got my bilge pump all figured out with the @waxhead harness. I switched things over to bullet connectors. It really pays to have the professional crimpers!
Wax harness, attwood 800, ocd solutions surf Armour bilge switch. 20240713_161735.jpg

Top Bottom