95 Square nose XFT conversion

P

PancakePete

I have been watching this thread Brent. I am impressed, that is a whole lot of work, and it looks nice and neat ! Big Props Bro !:beerchug:

kudos to you brent! Cannot wait to see the difference between the two boats! you are making it look easy......see you thursday for some flatwater barrelroles! :fing02:

freestylegeek

waiting...
Looks awesome man! You're not going to believe how great it feels when you finally get it in the water. Don't forget about beefing up the non-divinycell areas.

Attachments

• DSC00884.JPG
    DSC00884.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 329

D Slicker

Durham, dont forget it
Looks awesome man! You're not going to believe how great it feels when you finally get it in the water. Don't forget about beefing up the non-divinycell areas.

I did put a layer of 12 oz on there already and will be running a layer of carbon over it when I do the rest of the boat.

ANT

Just ride
LOOKS LIKE poop Brent!!!! Haha just kidin. It's all uphill from here. Now you get to start re-enforcing instead of sandin the hell out of everything, and you'll feel like your actually getting something done. You'll be sealing up the tray before the end of the month. No doubt it will be in daytona.

D Slicker

Durham, dont forget it
I pulled the clamps off tonight and will be starting reinforcement on monday. It is coming out nice and am really happy with it so far. I will try and weigh it tomorrow.

dslicker, just wanted to know what size pvc and what threaded end to use for the steering cable tube. Cause i know their is a nut that screws in to seal it off. i dont fell like pulling my other ski apart to check it, plus i dont have the money to buy the cable and all the other parts on the riva diagram,thanks.

D Slicker

Durham, dont forget it
dslicker, just wanted to know what size pvc and what threaded end to use for the steering cable tube. Cause i know their is a nut that screws in to seal it off. i dont fell like pulling my other ski apart to check it, plus i dont have the money to buy the cable and all the other parts on the riva diagram,thanks.

Its the stock one? :afro:

no im building a ski from just a hull. I bought a split hull from watercraft factory and plumbing the hull myself. i think its half inch so thanks anyways.

D Slicker

Durham, dont forget it
I am moving forward now. I got the bond line(rail) trimmed and the Wammer cyclons footholds cut and mocked up. I also filled in the gaps in the bulkhead. I should have the re-enforcing done this week.

Attachments

• DSC00986.JPG
    DSC00986.JPG
    178.4 KB · Views: 133
  • DSC00987.JPG
    DSC00987.JPG
    198.7 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC00993.JPG
    DSC00993.JPG
    205 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC00988.JPG
    DSC00988.JPG
    207.8 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC00991.JPG
    DSC00991.JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

D Slicker

Durham, dont forget it
My motor showed up Thursday so I decided to build it and put it in my other boat so I could tune it and make sure it ran the way I wanted. I will give a full review of it later this month.

61x 760
ported and epoxied 62T cases
Full Spec intake
duel 44 SBN
ADA head with girdle
Mod pipe
61x electronics with lightened flywheel.
MSD and gp 760 coil

Attachments

• DSC00982.JPG
    DSC00982.JPG
    207.1 KB · Views: 190
  • DSC00983.JPG
    DSC00983.JPG
    207.1 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:

D Slicker

Durham, dont forget it
So I weighed it today and it came in around 85-90lbs (my scale gave me different weights due to pavement) that is with tubbies,exhaust,scupper and bottom re-enforced. Should I be pissed?

freestylegeek

waiting...
So I weighed it today and it came in around 85-90lbs (my scale gave me different weights due to pavement) that is with tubbies,exhaust,scupper and bottom re-enforced. Should I be pissed?

Not at all! Mine came in at 88 lbs when complete and I was ecstatic! The bottom deck is 56 lbs and the top is 12 - that alone is 68 lbs. Once you add on bonding, reinforcing, nose building, and FOAM, that number grows fairly fast. Heck, my 4 lb foam accounts for 12+ lbs alone.

You'll love it when you put it in the water. You'll never be happy on a stock weight hull again. :grouphug:

D Slicker

Durham, dont forget it
Not at all! Mine came in at 88 lbs when complete and I was ecstatic! The bottom deck is 56 lbs and the top is 12 - that alone is 68 lbs. Once you add on bonding, reinforcing, nose building, and FOAM, that number grows fairly fast. Heck, my 4 lb foam accounts for 12+ lbs alone.

You'll love it when you put it in the water. You'll never be happy on a stock weight hull again. :grouphug:

I still have to re-enforce the sides and foam. so I will probably end up at 100 lbs.

freestylegeek

waiting...
I still have to re-enforce the sides and foam. so I will probably end up at 100 lbs.

Crap, you didn't mention that...:wavey:
If you use 2lb foam (like I wish I would have) you'll save 6 lbs there.
I think you ought to weigh it on a couple of different scales when your done too.

Top Bottom