Ballistic Batteries Warranty

My ballistic has ran great for the past 4 months on my EME 1000 until I let it sit for 2 weeks.
It takes a charge but fails the load test, hopefully I can get a replacement before they go belly up lol

Tyrant1919

Site Supporter
LAst battery lost another cell. Only used once. And it lost it while inside my Appt. All my batteries have been fine on the water. Just they always lose a cell somehow when out of the ski and chilling in my living room. A total of 4 have died for me now.

They've just warrantied mine no questions asked.. Used a mail as above with pics to Jeff

i am getting tired of getting new batteries for free every 2 months. On my third one now...no doubt its good they just replace them no questions asked but it still sux. My stock Yuasa lated me 3 seasons WTF Ballistics. I am not even running total loss

I got a shipping notice today from ballistic, last email contact was yesterday afternoon. If only the batteries was as good as the customer service.

After 2 weeks of radio silence I got a phone call from Jeff telling me my battery had shipped. It arrived yesterday and I got it in the bike.

Doesnt seem to be as powerful as the original 4cell I had ?

Anyways I pulled the old battery apart and found what caused the melting. The positive terminal is connected to the cells with a thin piece of copper and it broke, got tangled up with the 4 small ground wires that go to each cell for the load balancing and shorted out the battery.

First things I noticed (being a Mech Engineer) is that they have ROUND battery terminals molded into a plastic top. If you tighten them to much they twist and break off the connections... If they simply used square terminals that would get rid of all of their problems with terminals "stripping". I noticed a bunch of people saying that their batteries seemed to go dead while sitting on the shelf... I am wondering if the terminals broke lose when you were undoing them and caused it to go dead, heat from the battery operating would cause this to happen easier too... again the square terminals would resolve a lot of their issues.

Tyrant1919

Site Supporter
IMG_0302.JPG

Here's what my evo batteries are doing right now. Keeping my tub safe while I'm away from home. In case any intruders come through my bathroom window, the batteries can... well nothing. They can not turn over an 850 Dasa motor that's for sure. Am I right?

Seriously though. One of the 12 Cells lasted me a month, slightly more. The other 12 cell lasted a ride. 16 cell lasted two weekends. All eventually obtain a dead cell. Warrantying, then selling replacements. Trying antigravity now.

After reading this and seeing pics of how they are constructed I can tell this battery is not for me. There's no way those could hold up to my cant land anything type of riding. Wish some one would just repackage those better, there would be a market here

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Mattio has offered to build a custom prototype, if someone wants to help fund it.

Top Bottom