Boobers Blings Motosurf Invatational $1000 purse

Smack talk will get you a spank down. I bet I can get a Region 7 guy to show up and take you on.

Any certain Region 7 racer? I predict there will be one bad ass Ultra rider from Region 7 there. (not starting smack, just having fun) If I go, my ass will be on the beach watching the show.

I am sure Donald is going to want to run this race. He would love to get a chance to race with the pro's.

Has anyone made the decision stock, limited or Open ski's? We will be bringing a limited.

Read back. I already asked this. Anything goes. As pointed out though, at the amature level the rider makes all the difference in the surf.

Ha, yeah, I wish I was going. If I finished amature in the top 2 I would love to see how many times I would get lapped by Victor Sheldon.

Read back. I already asked this. Anything goes. As pointed out though, at the amature level the rider makes all the difference in the surf.

Ha, yeah, I wish I was going. If I finished amature in the top 2 I would love to see how many times I would get lapped by Victor Sheldon.

I know but no one every really claffified what ski's would be allowed other than he would open it to all competitors. And yes I know that in the surf, it is more rider than power, but if it flattens out it is nice to have power also. Donald has been racing CC for 5 years and knows how brutal the surf can be.
I did talk to Boober today and he said it was open (run what you brung) and it is an "Invitational" race and there would be around 10 Amatuers. He is working to contact them and also a couple of alternates in case someone cannot make it at the last minute.
Some of the names are:
Donald Smith-Amatuer
David Cabrera-Amatuer
Blaine Spooner- Amatuer
Rick Sherker- Pro I believe
Macc-Pro
Farthing-Pro
Sheldon-Pro

He has also contacted Rob Flores but he has no commited.

It should be a good mix of stock, limited, open & maybe GP ski's deending on who brings what.

they are pros... if you raced a pro race one time you are not eligible...

No, they are Amatuer by the rules. They are classed as Experts. Experts mixed with Novice makes up the Amatuer class. Experts mixed with Pro's is a Pro-Am class. They ran Pro-Am stock as Experts so they have not ran as a Pro. Sherker moved up to Pro last year so he holds a pro card. Donald, David & Blaine are Experts so there are eligable for Amatuer as they ran at Nationals and Worlds.

If you take out all the Experts who have ran Pro-Am stock then you are basically calling it a Novice race as most Experts have ran Pro-stock at one time or another.

Last edited:
No, they are Amatuer by the rules. They are classed as Experts. Experts mixed with Novice makes up the Amatuer class. Experts mixed with Pro's is a Pro-Am class. They ran Pro-Am stock as Experts so they have not ran as a Pro. Sherker moved up to Pro last year so he holds a pro card. Donald, David & Blaine are Experts so there are eligable for Amatuer as they ran at Nationals and Worlds.

If you take out all the Experts who have ran Pro-Am stock then you are basically calling it a Novice race as most Experts have ran Pro-stock at one time or another.

Boober is making the rules... talk to him.. I don't race and I don't know anything but what he told me..

I know but no one every really claffified what ski's would be allowed other than he would open it to all competitors. And yes I know that in the surf, it is more rider than power, but if it flattens out it is nice to have power also. Donald has been racing CC for 5 years and knows how brutal the surf can be.
I did talk to Boober today and he said it was open (run what you brung) and it is an "Invitational" race and there would be around 10 Amatuers. He is working to contact them and also a couple of alternates in case someone cannot make it at the last minute.
Some of the names are:
Donald Smith-Amatuer
David Cabrera-Amatuer
Blaine Spooner- Amatuer
Rick Sherker- Pro I believe
Macc-Pro
Farthing-Pro
Sheldon-Pro

He has also contacted Rob Flores but he has no commited.

It should be a good mix of stock, limited, open & maybe GP ski's deending on who brings what.

open class is great, but INVITATIONAL?

that is GHEY!

all of a sudden one of the best ideas nick has had for the freeride goes LAME---mike hopefully you get a chance to see this!

what happend to a free-for-all sign up and race??? now there's going to be 'closet pros' or "experts" lol....showing up and once again...LAME.

if its really meant to be fun and interesting....take a lottery of 10 interested parties and announce they have 20 minutes til race time.....then let them hash it out.....

Last edited:
Boober is making the rules... talk to him.. I don't race and I don't know anything but what he told me..

I did talk to Boober. He didnt say anything about Experts not being allowed to run Amatuer. He told me the ones he knew of that he was trying to get to attend. I am suppose to call him again tonight and will ask more details.

Either way is fine with me. Donald has never ran Pro-Am ( maybe the only Expert who hasnt) so he would still be eligable by either way of thinking.

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
agreed w/IDOK

if the race promoters are trying to gain interest in racing it should be open to all-comers (speaking about amateurs) if there is an overwhelming response (actual sign-ups on Saturday) then setup some short motos...

right now there is a lot of talk, but how many will show up and race when its time (just look at the cherry buster last year)?

open class is great, but INVITATIONAL?

that is GHEY!

all of a sudden one of the best ideas nick has had for the freeride goes LAME---mike hopefully you get a chance to see this!

what happend to a free-for-all sign up and race??? now there's going to be 'closet pros' or "experts" lol....showing up and once again...LAME.

if its really meant to be fun and interesting....take a lottery of 10 interested parties and announce they have 20 minutes til race time.....then let them hash it out.....

Agreed.

Stricky

**SoFlo Surf Sluts**
awesome.....this thread confirms I want nothing to do with racing.....way to complicated....

FREERIDE...means FREERIDE...get hammered and FREERIDE! that is for me!:beerchug::friday::439:

vitaly

Анархия - мать порядка!
you guys are seriously arguing who would win a couch race?

homeboy on the red ultra woud win, AFTER he beats up wavedemon....

now back to the STAND UP talk

I am crying.... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

jesus :):):):)ing christ!!!!!

there will be an invitational race for the pros... the amateur race is open to whoever want to race. There will be a limited number of people though, obviously...

and if you don't :):):):)ing like it, just ride like you were gonna do and STFU!!!!!

I did talk to Boober. He didnt say anything about Experts not being allowed to run Amatuer. He told me the ones he knew of that he was trying to get to attend. I am suppose to call him again tonight and will ask more details.

Either way is fine with me. Donald has never ran Pro-Am ( maybe the only Expert who hasnt) so he would still be eligable by either way of thinking.

I got an idea... let me control the information coming out so I don't have to explain :):):):) 5 times... THanks

Top Bottom