C.A.T.S. - Cheap Arse Trim System - post yours!

blaster4life

couchez r 4 living rooms
when i looked up that cable on terry cable it came up as a harley clutch cable.........is that right? i got a cable from my local bike shop but the longest they had was 6 foot. I don't think that going to work for a blaster. Is the terry cable what everyone is using?

bign1514

"Rock-Man"
jet call them... ask them for the jetski cable. I called them 6 months ago to order - they asked me what model. I just said its for a jetski trim system. I think i got 11 feet. the lady knew actually what I was talking about.

grezzmky

Suckin paint fumes
ill the terry cable work with the complete Protec setup? the guy that sold me a "new" Protec system sent me a bunk a$$ cable with a 2" threaded shaft on one end...

Mark44

Katie's Boss
ill the terry cable work with the complete Protec setup? the guy that sold me a "new" Protec system sent me a bunk a$$ cable with a 2" threaded shaft on one end...

Terry cable can make up any type of cable you need just tell them what you want like wire rope size fittings on the ends what size barrels and length.

Mark44

WaverRaider parts.

Reduction nozzle - $100
Trim Ring - $35
Turn nozzle - $25
Pivot bolts and bushings - $14
Trim lever from a bike shop - $10
12 foot long trim cable from Terrycable - $30

There are cheaper ways to do it as well, but these are all the approximate new prices.

I use a SuperJet reduction nozzle with boss' welded to it so that I could drill and tap the holes for the trim ring. Doing it this way gives me 25 degrees of throw.

I also bored out the pump bolt hole on the upper left side of my pump in order to run the cable straight through.

Are these the correct part numbers for CATS to work?
WAVE BLASTER PUMP NOZZLE - 61X-51318-00-5B
But for the 30 more bucks protec/maxflow sells a pump nozzle that accepts the trim ring will this work?

Trim Ring - 62T-51190-01-94

For a turn nozzle can i use a pro-tec extended steering nozzle for a waveraider cuz it sounds like the steering nozzle for superjet needs pieces welded to it to make it work.
94-97 Raider 701/701 Deluxe +20mm- PT11-9445

Also, what kind of hardware is needed? Would i need anything more than what is supplied if i bought the pieces from protec?

I dont have a welder, so for my protec system i couldnt move the holes back 20mm and up 4mm, so i modified my brackets some until winter. i got about another inch up (not sure how many degrees) but i cant really utalize it. I think i have to modify my lever to get more pull but if i pull my lever all the way in i can push the nozzle up about and inch more.

freestylegeek

waiting...
The Terry cable only has a barell on one end???? WTF

That's all part of the "cheap". The other end of the cable is threaded through a hole in the bolt and 'pinched' with two nuts.

The new Xmetal set-up is WAY cooler (Using the quick connect barrel).

Attachments

• geeks hardware.jpg
    geeks hardware.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 496
Last edited:
Are the lever's on your trim set-ups snapping back as quickly as you throttles?

Mines goes back into place easily but not nearly as fast as my throttle snaps back?

Any way to rig up a spring or something?

Thanks

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
I don't understand springs on trim nozzles. your jet thrust will straighten out the turn nozzle just fine.

Springs are for trailer riding.

can anyone answer about why i have so much slack? I cant adjust my cable anymore, and when i pull it in i can push the nozzle about 1 inch more up.

You have a protec cable right?

The housing on mine was in three different segments. One black one (maybe 10 ft.) a metal one in the middle (4 or 5 inches) and another black one (a foot or so) I took the smaller black one and the metal one off leaving only the one long black one. Don't know if that's your problem but I don't have any slack.

Top Bottom