Crabs X2 winter buildup

Legdragger

Bringing it back
I LOVE IT!

What a sweet modded X2 project! I like the innovation and the lack of fear to try stuff! It is totally worth it!

I'd like to try that hull out. Paint looks really nice Crab. You have totally inspired me to go work on the replacement hull I started to build then set aside to go to Daytona and then when I got back I went snowmobiling........

Your the man Crab!:hail: :Banane01: :woot: :woot: :woot: :Banane01: :cheer: :cheer:

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
And I left room for tubbies! I want to test the hull before any more changes. When I switch to the 752 dual carb motor, I will post the pictures and performance results also.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
when is this thing gonna hit the water? WE HAVE TO KNOW how it does
Here is the hot scoop, I just got back from the local lake a few minutes ago and WOW!
The trim is insane and almost impossible to keep the nose down, can you spell "backflip". The acceleration was much better than before, and it pulled more rpm than with my Coffmans pipe. It was a huge difference, and now I need to check my plugs to make sure I'm not lean. Its a 44 with 170 main at 1 turn out. The pipe has the screw settings at lower 1/2 turns, mid closed, upper 1/4 turns, and the chamber does not sizzle. The only problem is the waterbox is running hot, its not getting enough water, and visually I noticed that also. I think the backpressure is not allowing the stinger fitting to flow water, as the tee is inline with the hull fitting.The only two mechanical changes are the pipe, and reducing to one screen in the flame arrestor.

Now the hull, first thing I noticed is I don't need much if any trim to get a nice ride, and it doesn't hook as hard in a sharp turn, it dumped me in...brrr. After getting a little use to it, its going to be nice i'm sure. Now remember, I only spent 20-30 minutes on it and its hard to evaluate things properly when the water is 40 degrees. I was more stoked about the pipe than anything. At full speed which must be 2-3 mph faster than before, it was rock solid with no trim at all. The water had a light wind chop and there was no sign of the screwy ride that I remember with a stock hull. I'm anxious now to do a real test launching it off some ocean waves and verify my results.

Last edited:

Hogggman

Stock Sucks
What did you do for the trim maybe I missed it somewhere in the thread. Is there an easy way to put a lever on it. Just curious cuz I have 2 X2 builds goin on right now.

can you go into more detail abotu "doesnt hook as hard in a sharp turns" and "it dumped me".

Do you mean it doesnt carve as well? and make as sharp of turns? Did it just roll over on you and dump you off?

Snackem

Danger Zone
can you go into more detail abotu "doesnt hook as hard in a sharp turns" and "it dumped me".

Do you mean it doesnt carve as well? and make as sharp of turns? Did it just roll over on you and dump you off?

:arms: :arms: :arms: :arms: :arms: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :Banane01: :Banane01: :hail: :hail: :hail:

I was wondering the same thing. Also do you see tubbies in the future??? Did you do something different to the trim? or did the hull make that much of a difference? I can't wait to see this thing in action. . .

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
To quote Sherry O teri, "simmer down now". To answer the turning, I really need more time on it. The water was plenty cold , and I really did not want to be in it much. I did my usuall quick turn, and it dumped me in the water, not over the high side. Its probably a suttle change, but there was a difference in the balance. I did hit some small boat waves, and it seemed to jump easy, and surfskiing the waves felt great. No bad tendancies at all, just a little balance change and I will be set. I havn't ridden anything but my wifes stocker lately, and that could explain why I need to re-adjust to my quick turn and extended turning limits. It turns very quick and fast, "just the way uh-hu, uh-hu, I like it". Also, I still have no turf and could not move around on the tray at all. B pipes rock!

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
I had a feeling you would like it :woot: :woot:
Oh yea, so worth all the extra work to get the pipe to fit. Now I just want to play with the water screws to see if it will hit harder down low. TBM conversion is on my list now, probably need it to handle the 752's extra torque.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Crab I may have missed it but are you running a total loss system?
No, I have the stock 650 flywheel in there now, my 752 will get the precious Jetnetics charging flywheel. If I get really motivated between now and then, I may put it in before Long Beach.

Snackem

Danger Zone
No, I have the stock 650 flywheel in there now, my 752 will get the precious Jetnetics charging flywheel. If I get really motivated between now and then, I may put it in before Long Beach.

Educate me, the Jetnetics charging flywheel is just a lightened flywheel correct? It's kinda a cross between a TL system and a stocker, in other words it charges like a stocker and hits like a TL? or am I way off, which is very likely if not probable.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
A charging Flywheel is a billet aluminum replacement for the stock steel flywheel. Since the stock versions are generally very heavy, they require a large amount of horsepower to overcome their weight and this substantially reduces the engine’s ability to respond to throttle movements. The patented Jetinetics Charging Flywheel is significantly lighter, 50% in some cases, which greatly reduces the energy used to overcome flywheel mass and allow the engine to increase rpm’s rapidly. A significant benefit is the fact that the engine will produce horsepower only after it has reached it’s powerband which usually begins around 3800 rpm. By using a Jetinetics Charging Flywheel, the engine is able to reach it’s powerband much more quickly and create usable power much sooner. Further, during rapid cornering such as course racing or slalom runs, this becomes a significant factor for acceleration.

How does it work
Put quite simply, a flywheel is a rotor which supports a ring gear for starting, and magnets which are used to electrically charge both a (capacitor discharge ignition) and the on board battery. The Jetinetics Charging Flywheel uses aluminum as the basis for the rotor, specially designed high temperature magnets, and a tough, alloy steel ring gear to reproduce all aspects of the stock assembly. The rotor is started turning by the starter motor, then the magnets create electrical energy to fire the ignition and charge the battery.
Jetinetics is the originator of the charging aluminum flywheel, and proudly retains the manufacturing right to its patented designs. Any other charging flywheel is nothing more than a copy of the original!
From their site.

Attachments

• 650ycf2.jpg
    650ycf2.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Just got back from 4 hours of testing, SWEET! We went out and did wave jumping in the sound, 10-15 kt. winds with seas 1-3 feet. The handling is soooo much better, I couldn't get it to do something not predictable. Thumbs up from me on the hull changes, and the added power is also a nice bonus. Can't wait to swap flywheels this next week and give it one more outing before Long Beach.:Banane01: :arms: :purr:

Attachments

• 107_5182.jpg
    107_5182.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 332
  • 107_5183.jpg
    107_5183.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Top Bottom