Dalton's Hull Build

vlcsnap-2014-08-10-19h16m27s184.png
Finished the hood today and promptly got the ski on the water with the new driveline. As expected there's a lot of tuning to do with the setup but it still ripped compared to the 650 I was using. Not even in the same world.

For those who've used the cold fusion adjustable pissers, do yours close all the way? Not that I want to close them but even all the way in I still get a little more water than I'm looking for. I'm thinking of running a tap into them to extend the threads and get them to close more.

Last edited:
Mine are all the way in a long with a hose clamp on the cooling lines to get enough water into my exhaust.
Glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue.

How'd the okauchee ride go? I was working all day on the hood trying to get it done in time to go ride with you guys but it just wasn't in the cards.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Check out the thread and you'll find out hahahaha. We almost lost a $30k freak and I tried my first backie on a 701 freak

Damn! Good thing you guys saved it. Now I'm really bummed I missed it. Looks like it was a good time.

What'd the 701 freak have as a setup?

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
For the engine Idk. Think it is running 170 psi with total loss, etc. There's a build thread on it. It was so snappy and powerful in that carbon hull it was crazy. A little more time on it I could have probably flipped it off of a small boat wake or at least get close haha.

Well that was the straw that broke the camels back. After the landing you can see how far over the pole is. There's now a 1.5 inch crack on the side of the pole perpendicular to the length. I'm now exploring handelpole options. Time on the water testing the hull is my top priority.

Edit: Decided to simply cut off the broken part. Took an additional 9 inches off making it -17 from stock. It's now a whole new ski. I cannot believe how much it did to improve the ride and balance the weight. Everything just feels "right" now.
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone have any tips for installing a 155 pump in a 144 tunnel?

A little boat chasing and screwing around.

I'm struggling with the stock squarenose pump. I can't even connect my ecwi or the impeller spins so bad I can hardly get moving. Still had fun and a handful of first timers got to try it out. A couple even stood up! haha

Last edited:

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
There should be no way you would overpower a stock pump with a 760 and a pipe unless you have some sort of issue with the seal, stator or prop. I would figure out where the problem is first before swapping in a lager pump.

I wouldn't call it blueprinting more of so much as a port job. Sorry I just don't get why everyone calls it blueprinting a pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blueprinting is the process of going through the whole thing piece by piece and maximizing its efficiency though adding or subtracting metal from wherever needed to make it the most efficient. like going over blueprints when building.

Blueprinting is a process in which you add or subtract material to your piece to make it with 3 to 4 thousandths of and inch of the original plans and or blueprints. Porting is to add or subtract material to improve the efficiency of the part. Like when you port heads on a car to improve the air and exhaust flow of the motor.

and u blueprint the bottom end of a motor to make it more efficient for rotation and balance. its mostly mis use terms when u start getting into details.

You line hone the bottom end of your motor for balance. And drill your crank to remove material on the counter weights for balance.

I mean I'm not trying to be an ass or anything. I've been in a tool room for 9 years now. When I went to school they beat that terminology into are heads. I just don't get how everyone started using that term for that kind of job. But any ways back to the original question about the pump. I am curious my self on this. I've been contemplating building my own hull but curious cause I don't want to add a pump I'm going to max out.

Top Bottom