Other East coasters

SkiDiggity

formerly kawirider142
Wow just soo sad.. its katrina all over again.. Sending our wishes and thoughts your way. glad to hear everyone is ok and that people still have their houses. Seeing that much water in the house is very disturbing i could not even imagine going through that and loosing everything. On the bright side hey if you wanted a boat people had them delivered to their front doors! Wondering how many tow trucks and cranes it is going to take to get all those boats out of there.

Will definitely be donating to the relief.

Shane

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
One of a few new INLETS the hurricane opened from the ocean to the bay. Mantolokin NJ I believe. Look how high the house was on the dunes prior.

inlet.jpg

Union Beach, not ocean front, but a BAYSIDE town...
ub.jpg

Union Beach, not ocean front, but a BAYSIDE town...
ub2.jpg

LBI had an inlet or two cut through it as well, the only bridge that connects them to land is heavily damaged... Just complete destruction.
lbi3.jpg

Gas is worth more then gold right now.
gas.jpg

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Guys, I can so relate to what you are going through up there (Tuscaloosa Tornado 2011). Keep at it. Value Life, Family and Friends. Beyond that, Nothing else really matters and is just "Chump Change".

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
Just another new FRIGGIN INLET!

inlet2.jpg

This is the seaside amusment pier that survived. The other is not even there anymore. If you surf ride there watchout for the rollercoaster in the break.

seaside2.jpg

Last edited:

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
They better get some tankers with fuel here soon or get the power back on. People are getting crazy. Police are manning all of the gas stations that still have fuel left.

Definitely has me thinking about gun ownership. The looting is bad in the very flooded areas. People trying to steal generators and fuel.

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
Shawn, thanks for posting these. What's with the fire?

Ocean front houses get smashed off there foundations by waves, tearing the gas lines and mains out of the ground. Spraying nat gas into the air then blowing the F up, resulting in multiple blocks of houses burned to the ground. They just showed on the news that there are still huge gas line fires burning on the beaches right now.

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
They better get some tankers with fuel here soon or get the power back on. People are getting crazy. Police are manning all of the gas stations that still have fuel left.

Definitely has me thinking about gun ownership. The looting is bad in the very flooded areas. People trying to steal generators and fuel.

Yep, two or three more days of people running out of gas on the highways... and all hell is going to break loose. Guns....yes

Good luck guys those pictures are surreal. My buddies uncle and 21 other people were stranded on an island in the outer banks from Thursday until Tuesday because they were the last on the evacuation list? The ranger attempted on Friday to get back but no luck with the boat. People started running out of food Sunday! They had to park on the top of the dunes just to ride it out.. On a brighter side I've seen 30 power trucks head out on Sunday and 20 more left today to come up and assist. Several of my buddies in the carpentry and just hell do it all business' are headed up soon as well. Best of luck to you all!

What do they do with all the boats...? That seems like thats going to be a major chore amongst other things....

I mean are people going to drive around and look for their boats? Is the city going to collect them and contact owners then insurance claims can be filed?

It seem many of the boats have just shifted to different areas' hopefully minimal damage was done.

Scorn800

Ride for life
I'm also thinking about getting a gun. I've never been into guns but after the part few days, I worried someone can come rob me of my generator and fuel.

All I can say is .....WOW...not only do you have to deal with losses and such devasation, now you have to worry about people stealing what little you have left to survive. Being Canadian I never really could understand the gun fixation. I now have a different view! Thoughts are with you all and will also be donating too.

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
Its this exact reason why i am stocking up on fuel, food, water, and amunition. Some of my friends think im nuts but its not the catastrophe itself I fear, its the people afterwards. I sure wish i could give you guys some of my supplies, I have been in your shoes, and its damn scary.

Finally got power back and some heat....nice to be connected to civilization again! I'm getting my first look at the damage outside my little world in Brigantine, it's unbelievable!

Thanks for all the thoughts/concerns......really got pretty lucky based on all the pics!

Top Bottom