Super Jet fixed steer square nose

Its funny what a can of easy off oven cleaner some 1000 grit sand paper and mothers alum polish can do!

The bilge fitting was a crusty faded blue and the pisser was like brand new but red. And i wanted them to match.

20120803_181850.jpg

20120803_181834.jpg

20120803_181829.jpg

Ok so i have no real fiberglass experience, besides this project. I have never done body work before besides this project and i have very little patients for things i dont pick up easily. All of thos will add up to what you see here. I could have spent more time on body work and been super picky on how i did things but to be honest i thought i would have finished this long ago.

Looks crappy but this is not a show boat obviously because it looks like a blind person with no feeling in therir hands did the body work. So here it is.

20120909_131208.jpg

20120909_131151.jpg

20120909_163423.jpg

20120909_163404.jpg

20120909_163409.jpg

20120909_163251.jpg

20120909_163244.jpg

idk whats up with the pictures. They looks super grainy, i will take more later.

Well i painted it on saturday with duplicolor paint shop finishing system we did 4 coats of the blue and 3 of the clear. The issue im having is the clear is not "hard" i can easily graze it with my fingernail and scratch it. Do any of you know what would cause this? Or what i could do to get it to harden up?

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
Have you been able to put that thing on the water being fixed steer? Before you painted it? Maybe just buff it back down and use a good quality clearcoat over the color you have? Orrrr rattle can that hoe!

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
it may take a long time to fully cure, I painted my old couch with rustolium, and it took over 2 weeks to cure all the way when I couldn't get a fingernail to leave a dent. Just to be safe, wait as long as possible to get gas on it, and worst case, use alot of stickers

I dumped some gas on a spot getting turffed and it literally ran off haha. I will crank the heat for the reat of the week and finish asembly and hope for the best. If it looks crappy i will re paint next summer ....i love projects i dont drag them out at all.

JGringo

When in doubt, Throttle-out.
Dude, Nice spray job with the gel-coat/paint.

I struggled to get mine to work, had it perfect and then dribbled a little on the side from an unscrewed spray gun cap... I decided to paint over it and used too little mineral spirits to dilute the gel-coat and the paint started running horribly... Decided to say F*it and left it to get scratched and beat on...

Madd Props.
-Gringo

Top Bottom