Food plan - Covered as of 3-11-08, thanks all!

List is on the first post in the thread, just updated today.

Your gonna make me pick one on my own:banghead:

I guess I can bring tater salad. Can ya give me a hint as to how much is needed. :wavey:

My mom is crashing my rental house so I can make.. I mean have her make it.

Last edited:

Odd Duck

Jet Vet
Your gonna make me pick one on my own:banghead:

I guess I can bring tater salad. Can ya give me a hint as to how much is needed. :wavey:

My mom is crashing my rental house so I can make.. I mean have her make it.

OMG, can none of you do math? :poke: :biggrin:

Figure on 80 people, not all will eat tater salad (probably not fans of Ron White), so I guess between 60-70 servings. I'd guess that a pint (about a pound) would serve, hm, 6-8 depending on how much they like Ron White. So, we're talking a total of 10 pints = 5 quarts. So, over a gallon and a quarter at minimum. This is a somewhat low-balled estimate since we'll have so much other food.

If it was me, I'd go to the store, find the biggest container of RW, ask the person behind the deli counter how many it'll serve and do the math from there. Then you could pre-order the RW a week ahead to be ready the day of, or day before, you travel. Pick up tater salad (also known as RW) at the store, put in cooler, drive.

Your mom might get a little ticked at having to boil a ginormous pot of taters, eggs, chop wads of onions, etc. And everybody knows, if Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

The Penguin

triple secret probation
cdubb - go to HEB. you can buy either "regular" or "mustard" tater salad. Buy a large one of each, and it should be more than enough.

I hate wasting food, and every time we've had potato salad, there has been a ton left over.

Odd Duck

Jet Vet
cdubb - go to HEB. you can buy either "regular" or "mustard" tater salad. Buy a large one of each, and it should be more than enough.

I hate wasting food, and every time we've had potato salad, there has been a ton left over.

Good to know. See, you were asking the wrong person all along!

Ok Ill just bring two big yucky pre-made tubs.

:hitwithrock:

If I need to bring more just let me know,or if I need to bring anything else just say.

Odd Duck

Jet Vet
Ok Ill just bring two big yucky pre-made tubs.

:hitwithrock:

If I need to bring more just let me know,or if I need to bring anything else just say.

You are VERY welcome to bring delicious, home-made RW (also known as "tater salad") if you like, but you should check with your designated chef before volunteering the homemade in that quantity!

Q

QuickMick

Its all good,I just didnt want to offer up store bought and seem like a cheapo. :bad3:

Is it march yet????

Dubb, WE are a open and eat it group of peeps. unless its the MILFaronie and cheese.. yum yum.

Top Bottom