Foothold types

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
those EMEs look super comfy for the toe but again, no ankle cut out... and 200... wtf.

I havnt had the time to check out the WCFs yet, gonna do that in a second. Apparently nobody makes a good "toe hold" that has ankle cutouts...

Maybe Ill just get the revs and stuff a ********load of 25mm padd in the heel section and shape it to make it pidgeon toed. Is the section around the ball of the foot deep?

Looked at the REC holds... dont like those or the Klowners. just to boxy and not ergonomic at all. Perhaps Ill just buy either 24/7s or REVs and cut out and reglass to how I actually want them.

Glad this could spark a good convo.

the ankle cutout will just be there to annoy you...i have run the new eme's for about 2 years now and i ride it pigeon toed...if your riding pigeon toed then why do you need ankle cut outs...your gonna get the most out of your hold riding pigeon toed imo

I have 24-7s and my only complaint is that they are not a little bigger. With shoes on I really have to jam my feet in them. I don't have huge feet either, 10.5 size shoe.

I would love to switch to a similar hold that is just a little roomier.

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
pidgeon toed, shark toed, snake toed whatever the hell toed you wanna call it. Pointing outward.

I think Ive ruled it down to either REVs or WCF... with maybe a rickters if I find some for cheap.

I have a feeling whatever I buy i will end up chopping and reglassing anyway.

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
I have 24-7s and my only complaint is that they are not a little bigger. With shoes on I really have to jam my feet in them. I don't have huge feet either, 10.5 size shoe.

I would love to switch to a similar hold that is just a little roomier.

do you have the old or new 24/7's?

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
Love my REVs, going to install second pair this winter in my SN:arms:
You can pad them any way you want becuse they are big enough
I used layers of 8mm to shape them the way I wanted them

I always heard that splay foot was duck footed (toes turned out)
and pigeon toed was with the toes turned inwards??

wait your saying the opposite of pigeon toed...that'd be easier to ride that way
i correct myself and i ride with my feet pointed out not in...that'd be tough

You can't have ankle relief and toes outward because the REVS touch the out side of the ski. If you get used to the revs you can't really ride with anything else it feels like your heels are touching. It makes a SJ feel as roomy as a SXR

RiverRat

You can't have ankle relief and toes outward because the REVS touch the out side of the ski. If you get used to the revs you can't really ride with anything else it feels like your heels are touching. It makes a SJ feel as roomy as a SXR

Very true. Plus with toe holds I could never really get my feet shoulder width apart. B/c of how deep the REV's are I can ride more comfortably. I went through 2 different sets before I settled with the REV's

Very true. Plus with toe holds I could never really get my feet shoulder width apart. B/c of how deep the REV's are I can ride more comfortably. I went through 2 different sets before I settled with the REV's

Agreed 100% even with the 2 different sets that is why I am pulling my WCF's out.

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
yea right... duck toed... (wtf pigeons and ducks stand the same) I ride with toes out naturally.

Well pankako pEteo sent me some pictures of his WFC ones and I really like the design. Only thing is they may not be as deep as I would like, but cant tell from the pictures he sent.

Waterdawg Kustomz

RIP NATION
You will only want the REV's knowing that you can NEVER go back to anything else, and I am not kidding. :thewave::friday::bigok: And the enclosures are a must to me personally. If you have any specific questions just ask.

Jeff

Top Bottom