Freak jetski accident, damaged hull

swapmeet

Brotastic
^I don't think anybody is hating on you. Just trying to give you some advice from the mistakes they have made and wanted to make sure you didn't make a mistake getting a hull your not going to enjoy, or spend too much to get into financial problems. Everyone makes mistakes and best way of seeing a positive out of it is to help someone not make that mistake. Hope you flip it soon tho. Then drop a 1200 in it and call NASA lol

Exactly this. You're young and you think people are telling you what to do, and thats normal. We're just trying to help man. Good luck with that hull, I know you'll have fun and I have no doubt you'll be flipping it, thats what its made to do.

BTW, as much as I agree with Skinnyman, I went from a FX1 to a SJ to a Chan, and I really have no skills whatsoever LOL.

Lol that's funny, I've been all over the place I'm comfortable on any ski, went from a square nose, to sxi, to x2 to 550 reed to superjet to now hurricane

After riding AM hull a stock Superjet will feel like a off shore race boat for me it was the best money spent after selling my stock hull I was barely over 1000 into my am build and it makes a good running 701 fun again ! The only thing that sucks is filling up your cart tank every 15 min haha

Yea lol kart tanks might suck but I'm not gonna be super gay guy that fits a 5 gallon tank in a aftermarket hull so he can ride around and do nothing

Yea.. Well kinda .. I'm the king of no patience and my brother Ben is the king of building jetskis, so he put it together in one night while I frustrated and slowed him down with off topic items haha

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Yea lol kart tanks might suck but I'm not gonna be super gay guy that fits a 5 gallon tank in a aftermarket hull so he can ride around and do nothing
There are plenty of people that run big tanks in am skis. Especially since you're new to riding an am hull, it's not like it's going to limit your abilities because you've got an extra 25 pounds or so. I don't know how wanting to ride more and chase wakes while everyone else gassing up is considered super gay. If you're planning on chasing wakes, a kart tank is stupid. You'll burn through fuel extremely quick if you're chasing them at high speeds. I'm sure you'll get sick of a kart tank very quickly. If the hull allows, a 550 would be much better than a kart tank.. Doesn't seem like you have much of a budget, so you could look into finding a limitedslip tank or the thrust ti5 or similar tanks.

All of my buddies that ride local don't do any sort of flat water they only hit boat wakes, they either run a kart tank or the rickter rear tank, they ride for 15-20 minutes no problem then put some fuel in there skis and I'm ok with doing that plus the hurricane was built with the inserts for a kart tank and it would be tricky to get a 5 gallon in there putting it on top of the little humps where the mounts were glassed in, I do have a 550 tank I could look and see how it fits, I just like how much room you have with the kart tank

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
All of my buddies that ride local don't do any sort of flat water they only hit boat wakes, they either run a kart tank or the rickter rear tank, they ride for 15-20 minutes no problem then put some fuel in there skis and I'm ok with doing that plus the hurricane was built with the inserts for a kart tank and it would be tricky to get a 5 gallon in there putting it on top of the little humps where the mounts were glassed in, I do have a 550 tank I could look and see how it fits, I just like how much room you have with the kart tank

You're fine with riding for 15 minutes of chasing boats and then going back to shore and spending a couple minutes filling up? IMO unless you're doing flatwater freestyle or tons of work where you're constantly pulling the tank, a kart tank is worthless.

I did the cart tank thing in my carbon SF / Dasa 900. One season....no more....u just can't relax...fuel always on my mind..,...bought the limited slip tank and bingo.....I can ride and ride and ride..body wasted and still have gas.....good problem to have

swapmeet

Brotastic
FWIW, dual 33's on my 781 last forever on a cart tank...

LOL "don't want to be super gay with a big gas tank"

Who says that? Who ever said "man... Wish I didn't have all this gas!" "Damn.. I'm gonna have to chase boats all day before I fill up!" "Wish I had to worry about my ski running out of gas..."

Nobody...

Ever...

I'm not sure if all this is a teenager "I know everything, you can't tell me what to do maaaan!" Type thing or if it's just a Lodi thing. I recall some real winners on this site from Lodi... All of them have been banned.

Last edited:
Top Bottom