Handle Poles?

Really? Then why the hell wouldn't they paint and clear it? That has to be better! Right?

How do the Black Anodized Look on a black ski does anyone know or have pictures of this?

I feel like it would look cheezy and foggy..I could be wrong though!

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Really? Then why the hell wouldn't they paint and clear it? That has to be better! Right?

How do the Black Anodized Look on a black ski does anyone know or have pictures of this?

I feel like it would look cheezy and foggy..I could be wrong though!
mine, dead sexy....:arms: powdercoated, they decided not to anodize due to fading...
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• george 013.jpg
    george 013.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 199
  • george 014.jpg
    george 014.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 200
  • george 016.jpg
    george 016.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Nice Ski! So to clear things up all there poles now come black powder coated(from what I heard from XMetal) but, I also heard that they do not hold up well in salt water for very long? So is that under their warranty?

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Nice Ski! So to clear things up all there poles now come black powder coated(from what I heard from XMetal) but, I also heard that they do not hold up well in salt water for very long? So is that under their warranty?
No idea, you would need to talk with Radney on that as they have had some real issues with finding a good powdercoater. In my case it may get painted this winter also. For the money, I think this is the best bang for the buck in poles and for sure the sleekest....

Last edited:
No idea, you would need to talk with Radney on that as they have had some real issues with finding a good powdercoater. In my case it may get painted this winter also. For the money, I think this is the best bang for the buck in poles and for sure the sleekest....

So, maybe I should request having them paint and clear it rather than Powdercoat it? Paint and clear coat would hold up better in the salt right?

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
My gen 2 or 3 X-metal pole has some corrosion going on under the powder coating. The cancer is spreading. I give it another 6 months until the powder coating starts to chip off.

But other than that I love the pole. It took me a while to get it set up with a spring correctly, but now it is solid.

My gen 2 or 3 X-metal pole has some corrosion going on under the powder coating. The cancer is spreading. I give it another 6 months until the powder coating starts to chip off.

But other than that I love the pole. It took me a while to get it set up with a spring correctly, but now it is solid.

Spring? I thought your not suppossed to use a spring. However, if you did do you use the stock one because the pole is lighter or would you still need a tighter one?

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
Spring? I thought your not suppossed to use a spring. However, if you did do you use the stock one because the pole is lighter or would you still need a tighter one?

I use springs. I hate stiff poles.

I used a stock 750sx pole spring. Makes it pretty much weightless, but doesn't stand straight up when I let go.

Something that I just kinda realized that I wish XMetal did with there new(or old i guess) setup... I wish they would have made the poll(where it connects to the bracket) flush so the nose piece does not have to be notched out. That's stupid if you ask me! However, besides that, NICE!

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Wut? :confused:

I've ran a stock nosepiece, a WCF/XFT/WTF nosepiece, and a WDK nosepiece with two different XMW poles, all without ever notching anything.

If you look at all of xmetals skis on there website with the lowered bracket... all the noses are notched where the dual bolts go. If the nose piece isnt notched it would hit the nose on the sides. "Smulish" or what ever his screen name is on XH20 has the WDK nose piece along with myself, he had to do the same thing.

Don't get me wrong, I actually hope you are right, you would save me time and money lol But look at all their skis... ALL NOTCHED! So that makes me wonder how did you get away with it? Is your XMetal pole older? Im not very familiar with the old ones but they might be different?

Let me know!
mrc

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I run dual bolts, and it isn't anywhere close to needing to be notched.
I can crank the bolts tighter without taking the nosepiece off.
If I do need to take the pole off (never happens) I have two screws to undo to take the nosepiece off.

434255706_w3Eb6-L.jpg

434258304_FvQXF-L.jpg

434241777_AVwn4-L.jpg

Really.... No sh*t! lol Then why does everyone notch that section it seems?

Thanks, you saved me some tim and aggravation! lol

Strange..... Well I am happy that your right, thanks again! One less thing that I have to worry about!

Top Bottom