HELP¡¡¡¡ DASA 16 mm

So flying to Argentina and picking up the engine and taking it back to the US would be easier than shipping it?

Brian

1. It will be fine to leave ARG with the engine. U can try to declare it telling that U are going to fix it in US. Not sure that they will accept since there's no serial number in these high performance motors even the OEM 62T cases has only a sticker which is not very trustable by them.

2. When get in US CUSTOMS U will have to declare it and so they will not charge U any tax.

3. When U get back in ARG they may "remember" that or NOT.

This is what happened in Brazil.

To tell U the true... all motor, motorcycle, boats, engines in general and it's parts are prohibited to bring AS BAGGAGE in Brazil.

So, U can bring PARTS but they will treat it as a courier package and it will be charged as it. No excuses or US$500 limit tolerances.

I know ARG is about the same since they are member of MERCOSUL (similar to NAFTA - North American Free Trade Agreement).

Gera

QJS

X-
Just a suggestion, why don't you get a translator and phone DASA direct then speak to them through the translator, I'm sure it could be sorted far quicker.
Chris.

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Are you using a 2008 onwards superjet water box or please tell me what year water box you are running in your ski

Please also post a picture of the piston removed from the ski

Last edited:

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Ahh yes of course qjs they dont run a std water box do they. My bad read the whole thread Wax!!!
I had the issue with a ski ( mine ) of discovering that the 2008 onwards water box is more restrictive than the previous ones
Took a few pistons to figure out what it actually was

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Ok now your just rubbing it in
ha ha ha
Please post a picture a piston on the bench out side of the engine so we can see the skirt damage. at the moment it looks like physical damage from the top but seeing the side may tell a different story

Last edited:
I do not buy the engine Lenzi, buy it at DASA have the obligation to solve the problem
thank you very much

Meucarango, as a lawyer I would say that they dont have to send someone over there but they have to refund U any cost if it is a build problem.

When U buy an imported car brand that do not have a dealer in your local area what are U gonna do??? Call Ferrari in Italy and ask for it???

We are trying to do our best.

As I said in my first post, my 1st DASA std stroke NPV had a failure in a sleeve and Lenzi helped me to fix it faster than I could.

Gera

Top Bottom