HELP¡¡¡¡ DASA 16 mm

Tricky doesnt,"hence most".I was referring to the list of guys above,Mat also runs a 140 mag on another of Arts builds. The guys I listed are all at another level of modern R&D for huge motors.The 140 was figured out with r&d in the 90s by race builders.So if your a rec rider on a budget and buy used for less than 1000cc motors sure....I would say it figures in on what level of $,time and seriousness is put into a boat.If the 3 guys listed above could get more power to the water with a 140 thats what they would have.

today I destroy the piston number seven she was 20 liters of gasoline. the two pistons were machined to 0.006 inches new light.
we do not know what to do with this engine dasa 16 mm

Attachments

• fotos nextel 134.jpg
    fotos nextel 134.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 99
  • fotos nextel 133.jpg
    fotos nextel 133.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 72
  • fotos nextel 132.jpg
    fotos nextel 132.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 74
  • fotos nextel 131.jpg
    fotos nextel 131.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 109
  • fotos nextel 130.jpg
    fotos nextel 130.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 90
Send it to my home lol

Top of pistons were machined ? May be they are too thin

or send your short block to dasa, it's the way to go instead of break more and more pistons

the piston goes down 5mm the end of thr exhaust port

Attachments

• fotos nextel 2 014.jpg
    fotos nextel 2 014.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 71
  • fotos nextel 2 013.jpg
    fotos nextel 2 013.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 57
  • fotos nextel 2 015.jpg
    fotos nextel 2 015.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 59
  • fotos nextel 2 018.jpg
    fotos nextel 2 018.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 101
  • fotos nextel 2 019.jpg
    fotos nextel 2 019.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 66

waterfreak

I had a vision!
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
are you the only one with this problem on this new 16mm engine? It looks like the piston broke because it caught on the exhaust port... like if the port were not chamferred properly( just guessing here) or maybe the piston speed/rod angle is so great that it doesn't have a chance.
again, i don't know what Dasa can do here except maybe replace the cylinder .
BTW, who did the porting on this engine?

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
At this point (or even four pistons ago) I would probably quit trying to fix it myself.

Just my opinion.

I bust a piston like that when I was experimenting with restricters in the end of the Bpipe exhaust chamber (I went too small). Is your exhaust etc in line with what DASA would advocate?
-just a thought

wsuwrhr

Purveyor of the Biggest Brapp
Seven pistons......

Steve,

We have not sent out a 16 that wasn't assembled. I don't know who dissasembled the engine after it left here. Possibly it was dissasembled to go through customs.

It sounds like the first piston seized due to carburation problems.

All the other pistons.....who knows?

At this point, we have tried to help, offered advice, sent emails, all to no avail, with little response.

I guess I just need to get used to seeing meucarango post about installing piston after piston, hoping for a different outcome, until the engine ultimately destroys itself do to a rod breaking or piston peices making their way into the crankcase.

I don't know why the engine can't be put in it's shipping container it came in and shipped back. If I need to fly to Argentina to pick it up and fly back, then fine, I wouldn't be opposed to that either. Nothing is off the table.

It is pretty frustrating when my replies and questions go mainly
un-answered.

There seems to be a severe language barrier complicating things as well.

We (and I) want to make this right. In order to do that we need dialog.

Brian

are you the only one with this problem on this new 16mm engine? It looks like the piston broke because it caught on the exhaust port... like if the port were not chamferred properly( just guessing here) or maybe the piston speed/rod angle is so great that it doesn't have a chance.
again, i don't know what Dasa can do here except maybe replace the cylinder .
BTW, who did the porting on this engine?

Last edited:
I understand what MEUCARANGO means about all the implications about to ship it to DASA and have it back. (Aduana/customs are the main for sure)
I would advice U to contact MACUCO in south of Brazil. He is Lenzi's mechanic and is only 1 - 2 hrs flight from U.
I think it's going to be pretty hard to DASA technicians to flight from USA wothout even know what they're gonna find.

Think about this and if U need Macuco's or even Lenzi's contact let me know.

Due to the long relation between DASA and Lenzi Im sure he will be pleasured to help.

Gera

wsuwrhr

Is customs/duties still an issue if an item is being sent for repair?

Brian

I understand what MEUCARANGO means about all the implications about to ship it to DASA and have it back. (Aduana/customs are the main for sure)
I would advice U to contact MACUCO in south of Brazil. He is Lenzi's mechanic and is only 1 - 2 hrs flight from U.
I think it's going to be pretty hard to DASA technicians to flight from USA wothout even know what they're gonna find.

Think about this and if U need Macuco's or even Lenzi's contact let me know.

Due to the long relation between DASA and Lenzi Im sure he will be pleasured to help.

Gera

guys I spent a lot of money to have the best engine in the world, wait 75 days I could never use more than two hours without destroying the pistons I have the best jet Argentina "supposedly"
I propose that dasa send a technician to Argentina because fuel here is 95 c and the entire engine configuration is different
install everything as indicated people dasa (26 degrees initial 15 r 5000 / 9000 rpm) riva 48mm carburetors
all the data is in this forum
I ask for help because they do not understand what is happening
I'm sorry with my English

guys I spent a lot of money to have the best engine in the world, wait 75 days I could never use more than two hours without destroying the pistons I have the best jet Argentina "supposedly"
I propose that dasa send a technician to Argentina because fuel here is 95 c and the entire engine configuration is different
install everything as indicated people dasa (26 degrees initial 15 r 5000 / 9000 rpm) riva 48mm carburetors

Meucarango, when I had 8mm engines in the past I always ran AVIATION GAS. Im sure that I would blow out my engines if I went with pump gas.

Thats my opinion.

wsuwrhr

What do you mean wait 75 days?

Your pictures are not very good quality, they are very blurry and not able to see great detail.

Your pump/impeller is too small for this engine, it needs a bigger impeller to "hold" the engine at a lower RPM. It is designed to run around 7000RPMs with short burts to 9000RPMS.

Brian

Do I read it right that you are using a 140MM vein section and a 144MM impeller housing? Is this right?

Kyle says our 16MM engines we are using a 155MM pump setup with a 13.5/19.5 impeller, your nozzle should be fine the way it is.

Brian

Last edited:
Top Bottom