Super Jet Homemade Handle Pole Project

It's all mounted up. Im very happy with the way it came out. I think the raw aluminum looks good on my setup and would probably look good on anyones, but the option for anodizing or powdercoating are there.
IMG_0429.jpgIMG_0433.jpgIMG_0434.jpgIMG_0436.jpgIMG_0438.jpgIMG_0439.jpgIMG_0440.jpgIMG_0441.jpgIMG_0442.jpgIMG_0431.jpg

You should make the block at the bottom of the pole (connected to pole pracket) smaller, it looks really bulky. But besides that nice work man.

I can see what your talking about... but that shape was driven by a constraint in the geometry of the hood - In order to use completely straight poles the front end needed to first "lift" the poles up about 1.5" so they could then travel as straight back as possible (we really wanted to avoid bending the tubing or notching it to kink-bend it). This allowed us to use more of the pole material - which is the lightest and most rigid material on there, and also use less sheet metal - which is considerably heavier per unit length and is much more likely to bend if just used as a single flat plate.

Total weight of the finished pole sits right under 6lbs - 5lbs 15ounces. This was actually better than our CAD model estimate of 6.5lbs, and if I'm not mistaken - one of the lightest poles out there.

The torsion strength of this pole is also very good considering it's weight, which was a value (the torsion) I could not accurately measure on my CAD program. Having it fabricated and being able to crank on the handle bars now - it is very very stiff and the ends of the handle bars do not move considerably (around .75" or less) when twisting the pole as hard as normally possible...

The size of the block on our pole may seem somewhat big - (in reality it is only about 5.5" long) but when this is compared to the RRP pole, it is around half the length. Just to make it easier to see that - here is a crude side-by-side comparison to prove the point...

RRPPolevsOURpole.jpg

When you throw in the fact that the RRP pole weighs 12 lbs and costs $800, while ours weighs under 6 lbs and will cost around $400... well... :)

Last edited:
Yes there will be one for the 750sx. As far as price goes there is a 95% chance it is going to be $400. We just need to confirm with the waterjet company on a few things.

As superjet444 said, A pole spring will work for all of our poles, the 650, 750 and JS models will all use a 750sx spring and the RN superjet can use a stock spring but I would suggest something aftermarket like the blowsion spring. That is what I have on mine and it works great. One thing I can't stand is a heavy feeling pole, and I get the idea of making the bolt tight enough that it will stay in place. Our feeling was if you don't want a pole spring, then you dont have to use one, but atleast the option is there. I prefer where the pole bolt is tight enough that the heavy duty pole spring won't turn the pole into a catapult but still gives the pole that weightless feel.

Last edited:
I would maybe radius the lower part with a small triangular piece, this would increas the welding a bit, but since this will all be water jetted the materials cost shouldnt increase to much. It would really make the pole look less bulky dont you think? otherwise its an awesome piece.

Attachments

• RRPPolevsOURpole.jpg
    RRPPolevsOURpole.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 139
Yes there will be one for the 750sx. As far as price goes there is a 95% chance it is going to be $400. We just need to confirm with the waterjet company on a few things.

As superjet444 said, A pole spring will work for all of our poles, the 650, 750 and JS models will all use a 750sx spring and the RN superjet can use a stock spring but I would suggest something aftermarket like the blowsion spring. That is what I have on mine and it works great. One thing I can't stand is a heavy feeling pole, and I get the idea of making the bolt tight enough that it will stay in place. Our feeling was if you don't want a pole spring, then you dont have to use one, but atleast the option is there. I prefer where the pole bolt is tight enough that the heavy duty pole spring won't turn the pole into a catapult but still gives the pole that weightless feel.

ok send me a message y photos when you have, i would like to have 2 choices of spring and also that you can tighten the screw and left in place that you want

ok send me a message y photos when you have, i would like to have 2 choices of spring and also that you can tighten the screw and left in place that you want

We won't actually have a picture of every ski with the pole on it. It will pretty much look just like the one on my Superjet but will be adapted to fit whatever the application is with the exception of the chinpad, they will all use a stock superjet chin pad. (we plan to offer a fiberglass version of the stock plastic chin pad) We are going to make the pole to order so you can choose length. So until someone orders one we wont have an actual picture of one installed on a 750. We have a mount and a hood and the designer will have a CAD drawing of it for the 750 sometime next week. All poles will have the option of using a spring or leaving it out.

1994 750 SX handle pole

Ihave a 1994 750 SX and i want to put on your handle pole setup.How,where and when can i get one please let me know ASAP. My email is vautourdavid@yahoo.com Thank you
It's all mounted up. Im very happy with the way it came out. I think the raw aluminum looks good on my setup and would probably look good on anyones, but the option for anodizing or powdercoating are there.
View attachment 167509View attachment 167511View attachment 167512View attachment 167513View attachment 167514View attachment 167515View attachment 167516View attachment 167517View attachment 167518View attachment 167510

I'm in jersey about an hour from philly may be interested in one,if you need someone to make the glass chinpad let me know that's what I do for a living

Top Bottom