Is the sport / market declining?

I think you could get superjet type power fairly cheap:

4 of these packs to run 96v 50ah.

The motor is in the same realm - is this one you've used before or have experience with?

Ye Olde factory pipe dyno charts - are these really the best charts we have to show the power of the mighty yamaha engine?

Dyno701SJ.jpg

The dyno chart for that motor from the manufacturer is below. Some other vendor dynos below that. There's enough variation that I wonder how they're generating these charts.

ME1616 motenergy dyno.png
ME1616 thunderstruck motors dyno.png
ME1616 aliexpress dyno.png

And just to appease the herd of folk that are afraid of electric (insert mobility device here) taking away their man card and turning them into a democrat unwillingly...

VIN ELECTRIC.png

Last edited:
They go 57 or 62, which is faster than entry level sitdowns? Please don't call Watercraft Journal knowledgeable! LOL story for another day....

Orca is 530-580lbs, that blows an FX Yamaha away at 866lbs. Sparks are 420ish dry, wet they're 500 pounds.
But can you barrel roll it is the real question =D Jimmy Visser did it with a seadoo 3D so does that mean hope for this?

Big Kahuna

Administrator
No, in this case Trump is the Anti-War President.

Vote with Dick Cheney and George Bush who have endorsed Kamala Harris for President to continue the war in Ukraine if you want more death and destruction and support for the military industrial complex.

@mikidymac No, Biden closed Anwar from drilling in Alaska on day one and also closed the Keystone Pipeline on day one of his administration. We need cheaper energy. We need to kill the green new deal windmills and solar and drill for more oil to bring down prices to increase economic activity in the private sector to pay off the 36 Trillion Dollar National Debt.

Sure vote with Cheney and Bush who lied about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction to keep us funding the military industrial complex for the coming 20-year Ukraine war:

View attachment 451152

View attachment 451151

The CIA killed the Kennedys because they wanted to end the Vietnam War. Nixon was forced out by the FBI and CIA because he ended the Vietnam War. The U.S.A. has been in continual wars since the Korean War.

Go ahead and vote for more war. More forever wars. But make sure that you or your children or grandchildren are the ones who are backing up your vote with their lives -- not other peoples' children and grandchildren.
Cannot believe I am responding... Biden did not shutdown the Keystone Pipeline... he halted construction of the Keystone XL line. (Which was only half way completed.

Jr.

Standing Tall
Staff member
Site Supporter
My input as based off last weekends Southern Fried Freeride, Held in Georgia.
as we know, life tends to go full circle. Thats proving to be true from what I saw last weekend,
plus in my business. There was 135 +/- skiis present last weekend. Better than half, closer to 2/3 were older Vintage Kawasaki
(440/550 JS , x-2, k650, k750) Most all there were two stroke, only a small portion were 4T. This makes you think the evolution is going back to basics? My own business has been more small CC motors than my typical Big strokers. The market is certainly changing,
Yes, there is a decline. I feel that an evolution change of the sport is close. Will be Intresting to see just where it will go ?

P

I think EVERYONE is facing less financial freedom than 2-4 years ago.

The wealthy child prodigy isn't getting the latest hull and a latest engine for Christmas this year.. maybe just some new golf clubs this time.
The folks into 80s/90s Japanese anything with an engine can't afford to pay $25000 for a 40 year old Corolla... so maybe this little Kawasaki will do.
Basically everyone I know my age has made a primary hobby shift over the past few years whether they know it or not. I'm sure it just boils down to not being able to afford to continue in the prior hobby financially at the same level as you were.. Certainly my case for drifting, tires were $50.. now that's more like $150

Every ski I've put together has been a retromod type thing, so I've always been getting the gas station & ramp conversations from randoms about how they remember insert ski. B1's always some middle aged good physical condition guy reminiscing.

But ever since I got the 1st JS. I get a VERY different story. Anyone and everyone big, small, old, young tells me about their first experience on a JS and just how memorable it was for them. How they got their SH*T rocked at Uncle's or whoever's. Those 1st time memories are still being created today.. and even more so if they're making a comeback.

My input as based off last weekends Southern Fried Freeride, Held in Georgia.
as we know, life tends to go full circle. Thats proving to be true from what I saw last weekend,
plus in my business. There was 135 +/- skiis present last weekend. Better than half, closer to 2/3 were older Vintage Kawasaki
(440/550 JS , x-2, k650, k750) Most all there were two stroke, only a small portion were 4T. This makes you think the evolution is going back to basics? My own business has been more small CC motors than my typical Big strokers. The market is certainly changing,
Yes, there is a decline. I feel that an evolution change of the sport is close. Will be Intresting to see just where it will go ?

P

Thank you again for putting on the incredible weekend I had a blast. Watching @brapperdoodle brother bulldog my 440/650 was the highlight of my entire season.

There were a few 550's that I would bet had 10K in them!!!!!!!! LOL
Scope creep is real!

Eh, the rich get richer.
I don't agree actually. For the jeff bezos sure.

For your local corporate lawyer, doctor, executive etc that was funding their kids racing career because they have a "special gift" Not at all. Those kids are getting put to work as of recently.

I know a few personally

I don't agree actually. For the jeff bezos sure.

For your local corporate lawyer, doctor, executive etc that was funding their kids racing career because they have a "special gift" Not at all. Those kids are getting put to work as of recently.

I know a few personally
They're making the boys get their first job, at 25. Their daughters are living by themselves completely bankrolled by daddy. I know a few personally!

They're making the boys get their first job, at 25. Their daughters are living by themselves completely bankrolled by daddy. I know a few personally!
I wish I wasn't making it up. But I have highschool a classmate that Ubers around and has to date not got a driver's license. I'm 30 this upcoming year.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
I have let multiple people ride my skis through the years, they all seem to have the time of there life and really enjoy it, yet none of them have gotten into it or bought a ski. =/

E350

Site Supporter
Back to the economy which necessarily includes the Jet ski market and whether or not it is declining or not. There was not a single boat or a single jet ski on the main channel of the Sacramento River yesterday and there have been fewer and fewer even on holiday weekends. The water was glass the air temp was near 100F.

@holygoat listen to her testimony before Congress about the price of energy. I am not bored because I live in the real world and it is interesting. Join me, listen and let's pm each other.

I truly believe that there are fewer boats on the river because of the price of fuel. Especially yachts which must gas up at the local gas docks with high price per gallon vs fishing boats and even jet skis which can bring fuel from Costo. But there are even fewer fishing boats and jet skis including sit downs.

Today it will be 99F. I will let you know what we observe when we ski.

Last edited:

holygoat

Site Supporter
Back to the economy. There was not a single boat or a single jet ski on the main channel of the Sacramento River yesterday and there have been fewer and fewer even on holiday weekends. The water was glass the air temp was near 100F.

@holygoat listen to her testimony before Congress about the price of energy. I am not bored because I live in the real world and it is interesting. Join me, listen and let's pm each other.

I truly believe that there are fewer boats on the river because of the price of fuel. Especially yachts which must gas up at the local gas docks with high price per gallon vs fishing boats and even jet skis which can bring fuel from Costo. But there are even fewer fishing boats and jet skis including sit downs.

In the nicest way possible, the fact that you have your own quote in your signature implying that Barack Obama and Kamala Harris are both communists tells me we will both be wasting our time.

Let's get back to talking about jetskis.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Back to the economy which necessarily includes the Jet ski market and whether or not it is declining or not. There was not a single boat or a single jet ski on the main channel of the Sacramento River yesterday and there have been fewer and fewer even on holiday weekends. The water was glass the air temp was near 100F.

Lake Allatoona was slam full of boats this past weekend.........

E350

Site Supporter
Let those with eyes to see, see:

1727198297404.png

1727198380203.png
1727199641983.png
1727198850557.png

@Big Kahuna when gas prices are DOUBLE in your area you will see that everything is more expensive.

And you will see fewer boats on Lake Altoona.

California is a one party Communist State. Kamala will bring California gas prices to the Nation.

Which will continue the downward spiral of our economy, sending more jobs overseas.

(G.E. aka General Electric was just purchased by the Chinese. U.S. Steel is being sold to the Japanese. Is that good for our Nations "real" (i.e., manufacturing) economy?)

It is so easy to see our future. If you will just look. Your future travels from the one party state of California towards the East and it is coming for your State too.

And our Nation's economy - including the jet ski market - will continue to decline.

Last edited:

California is a one party Communist State. Kamala will bring California gas prices to the Nation.

Which will continue the downward spiral of our economy, sending more jobs overseas.

(G.E. aka General Electric was just purchased by the Chinese. U.S. Steel is being sold to the Japanese. Is that good for our Nations "real" (i.e., manufacturing) economy?)

It is so easy to see our future. If you will just look. Your future travels from the one party state of California towards the East and it is coming for your State too.

And our Nation's economy - including the jet ski market - will continue to decline.

We need to start a GoFundMe to help E350 move out of his current communist home state so he can live in a state where freedom still exists so he might stop polluting every thread the almighty X(-H2O) with his political sniveling.

Jet Skis

Top Bottom