Lightweight hull manufacturers

10-4.....Bobby at Trinity plans on building surf ready 65lb hulls using the best material out there<-----some of wich most people cant even get there hands on:bigeyes: He is trying to keep the cost at around 5k.:biggthumpup: Flatwater specific hulls of course will be lighter......say 50lbs or less. Thats all the info I can share as of right now.

His work will speek for itself.

This sport is only getting better!!!!!!

njfl

X-H2
The good thing about all of this is that when a few of these newer manufacturers get their hulls out there, it will help to bring the prices to a reasonable level (or at least maintain them at a fair market value) through the competitive factor. Also, it will push the mfgs to be really creative and not just have me-too hulls.

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
10-4.....Bobby at Trinity plans on building surf ready 65lb hulls using the best material out there<-----some of wich most people cant even get there hands on:bigeyes: He is trying to keep the cost at around 5k.:biggthumpup: Flatwater specific hulls of course will be lighter......say 50lbs or less. Thats all the info I can share as of right now.

His work will speek for itself.

This sport is only getting better!!!!!!

has he actually built either of these models or are the just speculation?

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
I cant wait till they get more out there and the price comes down
i want to have alightweight hull that handles as well as is light in the surf

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
has he actually built either of these models or are the just speculation?

5K with what included? Hood & nose piece, scuppers, footholds, front or rear side exhaust? XFT seams to be leading the pack right now on lower costs, but I have yet to see but one feeback and that was a surf boat in Aust.. If they are holding up then XFT will be the way to go I would think. The packages are sweet.

Mile9c1

X-H2O.com
The only waterdawg part I have owned were a piece of crap Polycarbonate or should I say Plexiglas sponsons. They are differently junk.

Polycarbonate is not plexiglass. And I'm sure those sponsons worked as well as anyone elses parabolic type sponsons. For 1/4 the price of other sponsons, I can't believe you're still ripping on them!

The workers Jeff hired last year weren't up to his standards, so of course he fired them. The only reason I now believe he will be quicker is because he is not developing new parts; he has 3 different hulls, the prepreg option, the 800 pipe figured out, and the 1200cc motor. There's nothing more he can do except build stuff!

It hasn't been a year yet waiting for my second hull. I probably ordered it too early, but I wanted to get in before he got too busy (it's a prepreg). It was only the 1st or 2nd one he laid up.

Last edited:

douglee25

m3booooy
The good thing about all of this is that when a few of these newer manufacturers get their hulls out there, it will help to bring the prices to a reasonable level (or at least maintain them at a fair market value) through the competitive factor. Also, it will push the mfgs to be really creative and not just have me-too hulls.

Amazing. I said the same thing before and people ripped me a new a$$hold. :biggrin:

Doug

SkiNaked

Stand up or Shut up!
Mile. You know its not personal between you and I. You a cool guy. Your blind love for Waterdawg is just chilling!!! Especially considering everything you have went through getting your stuff from him. Your definitely loyal. Gotta love that in a customer. Take care dude!

5K with what included? Hood & nose piece, scuppers, footholds, front or rear side exhaust? XFT seams to be leading the pack right now on lower costs, but I have yet to see but one feeback and that was a surf boat in Aust.. If they are holding up then XFT will be the way to go I would think. The packages are sweet.

XFT is not offering a 65lb boat ready for surf abuse with the package you have listed for 5k! Not gonna happen. Have you ever looked into the cost of Carbon Vs Glass???? That is a huge price gap. I probabyl missed it, or it wasnt very impressive, but what is the weight of the XFT hull?

Trintiy is not gona price cut to where he is not making any profit. He just wants to build a very lightweight boat that can handle abuse, and is still not out of the price range of every american.<-----as well as being very inovative, and doing some things that have never been done before.

At the Daytona Freeride Bobby will have some SXR parts......hood, one pice nose and bumper, rideplate, and sponsons. <---He starded out with this because he is a racer, and he wanted parts that made the boat perform better then whats on the market......as well as being super light weight.

Last edited:

aof13

Sfl free since 3/28
XFT is not offering a 65lb boat ready for surf abuse with the package you have listed for 5k! Not gonna happen. Have you ever looked into the cost of Carbon Vs Glass???? That is a huge price gap. I probabyl missed it, or it wasnt very impressive, but what is the weight of the XFT hull?

Trintiy is not gona price cut to where he is not making any profit. He just wants to build a very lightweight boat that can handle abuse, and is still not out of the pricne before.

1. Yes Sergio is selling a carbon hull for 5k. Learn to read. Its obvious carbon is alot cheaper where he gets it from, so he can make the product for less.

2. Trinity this trinity that. Its all waterdawg hearsay until we see something.

aof13

Sfl free since 3/28
Oh hey, I build a 20 pound carbon hull that can withstand a drop of the empire state building nose first. But since you've never seen one, you're gonna be sceptical right? It's also the cheapest hull on the market at 2200 with a hood and a motor. Total weight is 83 pounds. How you ask? I guess you'll have to take my word for it.

See what im getting at? Its all speculation until its on the market available for purchase/viewing.

Marshj

DarkHorse
See what im getting at? Its all speculation until its on the market available for purchase/viewing.

Very true. Everything we have heard of Trinity is speculation from one or two people in the know. Not saying its not true, but once it comes out and in production with real prices and figures, no matter how much we want to believe it, its still speculation.

Heres to Trinity:cheer:

waterfreak

I had a vision!
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I'll second that! until one hull has been produce, than it's just speculations. From what I heard, the molds that he used for Malone belonged to Malone. I'm sure their was a little drama between the two , but who needs it!

If XFT makes a complete carbon hull for 5k , than it's quite a deal for sure. Here in the states, were just lucky to find carbon and pay thru the azs for it!:banghead:

Until we can mass produce lightweight hulls in China, than the prices are more likely to stay the course. I know it is much much cheaper to make hulls in Brazil (maybe due to it's cheap labor) explaining why there are 4 builders over there:rolleyes:

I'll second that! until one hull has been produce, than it's just speculations. From what I heard, the molds that he used for Malone belonged to Malone. I'm sure their was a little drama between the two , but who needs it!
If XFT makes a complete carbon hull for 5k , than it's quite a deal for sure. Here in the states, were just lucky to find carbon and pay thru the azs for it!:banghead:

Until we can mass produce lightweight hulls in China, than the prices are more likely to stay the course. I know it is much much cheaper to make hulls in Brazil (maybe due to it's cheap labor) explaining why there are 4 builders over there:rolleyes:

That is all 100% correct.:biggthumpup: Im at the shop 4 days a week working on my boat, so I do kinda know whats going on.:sneaky: Like I said he has not even started the hull yet.

You will get to see his work in Daytona dont worry.:biggrin:

Why are some of you guys hating on cracker hes all about having fun lighten up.Fl.Cracker has been working at one of our shops.He gutted his sj and were going to reinforce.He has done all the work and has been itchin alot.As far as the Trinity shop goes next weekend I'll start posting some pics so guys don't speculate the worst. What I'm doing is building the parts I want and if people want to buy things great. I have built many plugs, molds and parts to build working prototypes mainly for aviation and marine projects so building jetski parts are easy.And I have started a ski project before.What it is and who it was for doesn't matter. It started out fun, for a year I aswered questions on a daily basis. Which help create some molds that were rough but worked.Those molds made a prototype, the upper and lower weighed 37 lbs the hood weighed 5 lbs. Then I made all new molds and quit the job for many reasons.There's alot of cool stuff I get to work on and I'll post pics for you guys soon. I just want to play, have fun and forget about the rest. later.

F

Freestyleriverrat

Why are some of you guys hating on cracker hes all about having fun lighten up.Fl.Cracker has been working at one of our shops.He gutted his sj and were going to reinforce.He has done all the work and has been itchin alot.As far as the Trinity shop goes next weekend I'll start posting some pics so guys don't speculate the worst. What I'm doing is building the parts I want and if people want to buy things great. I have built many plugs, molds and parts to build working prototypes mainly for aviation and marine projects so building jetski parts are easy.And I have started a ski project before.What it is and who it was for doesn't matter. It started out fun, for a year I aswered questions on a daily basis. Which help create some molds that were rough but worked.Those molds made a prototype, the upper and lower weighed 37 lbs the hood weighed 5 lbs. Then I made all new molds and quit the job for many reasons.There's alot of cool stuff I get to work on and I'll post pics for you guys soon. I just want to play, have fun and forget about the rest. later.

:beerchug: Cool

Top Bottom