Other Lost skier in holland michigan

Let's not jump to conclusions till we hear the whole story. I'm sure they wouldn't just leave the boat ramp if his truck was still there. Media turns alot of :):):):) bad. I wanna hear from peeps that were there.

I agree, so sad to hear and my thoughts are with the family, maybe we'll hear from some of the other riders soon.

thanks Wilkey. Holland is not a little place to launch like people r thingking. He could have parked some where and the other guys could have been at another place.

I can totally see him saying, "later man I'll be fine".

I hate when our crew gets broken up because people have to leave at different times.....can't see them all the way in....

this sucks....

Tommygunz

Team PHP
I guess I sounded ignorant for for stating that..... we should all just do what we can either by prayer or any other means of help and not point fingers at anyone and focus on Kevins safe return.

I talked with some other local riders this evening about this terrible event. Kevin invited me to ride that Saturday morning, but I was at a wedding in GR. We are quite sure the guys he was going riding with go to a different launch on lake Mac. They were likely at different launches and met in the lake. It is impossible to point any blame at his fellow riders at this point. Kevin was a smart rider and this is still to unreal to fathom. Kevin N. and I are going to contact some people and see if we can help out at all tomorrow morning.

They found a '' SMALL HELMET on shore , But ''No Rider ? no ski ? neither big Item Has been found ?? I can understand the ski sinking and unable to be seen , but Kevin did not sink and has to be floating and Im praying he's still with us .I'm very sorry Im not closer to help with searching ...................Kevin were praying for you bro ! :(

I don't know what to say.....I have been riding with Bruins for years. I actually just rode with him 2 weeks ago in similar conditions. He is an incredibly capable rider in the surf. On that day it was just him and I out there at the end. He made sure to come and get me when he was low on fuel so we could ride in together.
He is a great Christian man and my prayers go out.

My stomach is in knots.

updated : 8:58 PM Bruins' friends are also actively searching for any sign of him.

Authorities called of their search on Sunday evening because of dark skies and choppy waters. They will continue the search on Monday morning. : (

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
This sucks. I feel horrible. Kevin's a great guy, a good friend, and a great rider. He organizes the WaveRave every year. His ski was always a mess though, and he used to ride alone in big surf. Lets not point fingers at anyone....I really fear the worst and am super bummed. Thoughts and positive vibes out to his family.

icecoled007

Captain of this ship
My prayers go out to him and his family. I hope all the best

Was he wearing a USCG approved vest? The PFD in those pictures dont look USCG approved...

On Mlive.com QUOTE : ( Searchers on Sunday combed the shoreline for evidence of Bruins, but could not use boats because of rough lake conditions) .................. Well at the least I sure would hope some fellow skiers (on their skis) were searching for him ????

my prayers go out to his family, my stomach was in a knot while I read this. I hope hid friends are out looking for him on skis, there is still hope if he is wearing a lifejacket and wetsuit.

Top Bottom