Other Lost skier in holland michigan

A

Aquaholic1027

This is horrible. My stomach is in knots. Kevin texted me to go out and I couldnt make it. The wife and I our praying. Our prayers go out to Kevin and his family.

Everybody please pray.

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
11 o'clock news just said they have suspended the water search (cg?) until the waves calm down and that the sheriffs department will be searching the shore in the morning. Hood found in the channel, helmet north of pier.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Not sure what to do...can't sleep. Sucks. I really hope he has a broken leg and is on a retaining wall or beach somewhere and is found soon. This just doesn't look good.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
I guess the hood was found in the channel??? Saw it in one of the articles. NO BOATS are going to be able to go on that lake for two days.

REST OF TONIGHT...WEST GALES TO 35 KT INCREASING TO 45 KT.
CHANCE OF SHOWERS THIS EVENING. WAVES 7 TO 10 FT BUILDING TO 12
TO 16 FT BY MORNING.
.MONDAY...WEST GALES TO 45 KT GRADUALLY DIMINISHING TO 30 KT WEST
WINDS BY LATE AFTERNOON. CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON. WAVES
12 TO 16 FT SUBSIDING TO 8 TO 12 FT BY EVENING.
.MONDAY NIGHT...WEST WINDS TO 30 KT DIMINISHING TO 15 TO 20 KT AND
BECOMING NORTHWEST AFTER MIDNIGHT. CHANCE OF SHOWERS. WAVES
SUBSIDING TO 5 TO 8 FT OVERNIGHT.
.TUESDAY...NORTHWEST WINDS AROUND 15 KT BECOMING NORTH AT 10 TO 20
KT IN THE AFTERNOON. CHANCE OF SHOWERS. WAVES SUBSIDING TO 3 TO 5
FT IN THE AFTERNOON.

...hopefully a crew are going out on skis tomorrow morning at sunrise to look by the channel??? Don't know what this area is like.

Wolf Child

Just Another Octard
I guess the hood was found in the channel??? Saw it in one of the articles. NO BOATS are going to be able to go on that lake for two days.

REST OF TONIGHT...WEST GALES TO 35 KT INCREASING TO 45 KT.
CHANCE OF SHOWERS THIS EVENING. WAVES 7 TO 10 FT BUILDING TO 12
TO 16 FT BY MORNING.
.MONDAY...WEST GALES TO 45 KT GRADUALLY DIMINISHING TO 30 KT WEST
WINDS BY LATE AFTERNOON. CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON. WAVES
12 TO 16 FT SUBSIDING TO 8 TO 12 FT BY EVENING.
.MONDAY NIGHT...WEST WINDS TO 30 KT DIMINISHING TO 15 TO 20 KT AND
BECOMING NORTHWEST AFTER MIDNIGHT. CHANCE OF SHOWERS. WAVES
SUBSIDING TO 5 TO 8 FT OVERNIGHT.
.TUESDAY...NORTHWEST WINDS AROUND 15 KT BECOMING NORTH AT 10 TO 20
KT IN THE AFTERNOON. CHANCE OF SHOWERS. WAVES SUBSIDING TO 3 TO 5
FT IN THE AFTERNOON.

...hopefully a crew are going out on skis tomorrow morning at sunrise to look by the channel??? Don't know what this area is like.
I do. I've personally seen 3 skis get smashed to pieces on the jetty there in rough seas. All it takes is a couple seconds after a stall to find yourself on the rocks. If they found a hood and a helmet, its not a good sign. The current could have swept him halfway to wisconsin or chicago by now. Over 24 hours in the water at the typical temps for this time of year does not bode well. I wish I were wrong. But I'm a realist.

Kevin is a great guy, just started getting to know him over the summer and rode with him almost every week end. it always seamed when i went out he was out there as well. he is a great rider and i've seen him in some big waves! my prayers go out for him and his family!

Come to think of it know, i drove through the holland state park at about 11:30 12 ish on saterday and i saw no standups in front there. i texted kevin once i went though just saying have you seen the waves!? and he never responded.

This is very sad. I've been checking this all day and just saw they found his hood along with his helmet? This is not good. My stomach is knotted.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Same here. Sitting at work thinking about the continuing search effort. With weather keeping boats out of the canal for now, all I want to do is load up the skis and make the 20 hr drive up to help out the search. If boats can't get in there then someone else needs to. Lets hope the weather cooperates and search conditions improve for today.

Nothing worse than sitting idle on the sideline feeling useless while a fellow rider is in danger.

Top Bottom