Other Lost skier in holland michigan

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
What I don't understand is there has been a wicked west wind during and ever since he was lost. He is wearing a life jacket (always does) and they found debris right at the channel so that is at least near where things went wrong. Given all that there really is no where for him to be 'lost' but right there near or in the channel washed up on the beach. Hardly a large area to cover and it sounds like people, including volunteers, the sheriffs department and the uscg with two aircraft, were doing it all afternoon. My father inlaw is claiming people have been swept under the st joe peir but even if that is true how in the h would it happen to someone in a life jacket. So confused and bummed right now...

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Did the people he was riding with not see his truck and trialer at the ramp when they left?

It's been discussed that he probably didn't launch from the same ramp and met them on the water to ride out the channel. I've ridden there before, it's an inland lake with a channel going out to the big lake with jetties on both sides. You can launch on the lake and ride out the channel or use a tote and launch directly from the beach if you feel like rolling your ski several hundred feet.

http://www.google.com/maps?q=hollan...rc=6&hnear=Holland,+Ottawa,+Michigan&t=m&z=14

We have a group of local guys who want to help out. We are trying to hear back from some of those close to Kevin to see if we can aid with the search effort or if there is anything we can do. We are planning on meeting up tonight in the Holland area to discuss and collect our thoughts. just pray!

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
The comments that a freind left him and another joined him 15 mins. later just blow me away. In those conditions you do not stay anywhere that you cannot be seen for even 1 minute. I really wish the riders that were with him would chime in. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and if there is anything we can organize to help them I am in.
If we can help replace someones ski the least we can do is help a family in very horrible situations right?
I am not a great orginizer of these things but am willing to participate in any way I can.

We have a group of local guys who want to help out. We are trying to hear back from some of those close to Kevin to see if we can aid with the search effort or if there is anything we can do. We are planning on meeting up tonight in the Holland area to discuss and collect our thoughts. just pray![/QUOTE

I will not be home from Pismo until late tonight but let me know what you guys are thinking.
I spent half the night awake thinking about this.]

This is so horrible... I hope somehow he is still out there holding strong in that mess. Positive vibes his way... Let's stay positive and not speculate on how it happened till we know some facts..

hey cjbchopper, where are you guys plaining on meeting up? l live a four of a mile from tunnal park in Holland and i would love to help in any way i can!

baxt3r

BBQ
This is certainly awful news to see first thing in the morning. I really wish there was something I could do to help. I'm praying for his safe return.

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
All,

I was a part of the "group" that was out with Kevin on Saturday, but my ski broke down on the way to the lake through the channel and I was never able to ride. The situation is indeed horrible. I have watched the thread develop and closely followed everyone's commentary, but as much as I would like to tell everyone what happened, I have been asked not to disclose any details at this time. Out of respect for the family and all of those involved, I will post and disclose the complete details (to my knowledge) when authorized to do so.

In the meantime, I ask you to please remain faithful to the riders that you all know we are. It is understanding that this is a time for high emotions but it is painful to see these emotions be turned around and negatively projected onto the skiers who are a part of our community especially without knowing what actually happened. It is important to focus on that fact that Kevin, his rescue, his safety, his family, etc. are the main topic. I suggest that you do not believe everything you hear/read in the news or posts from others as it is not completely accurate. We all need to keep Kevin and his family in our prayers and continue to believe in his abilities and hope for his safety, even though this time is trying.

I also want to Thank everyone who has remained positive and not jumped to conclusions on what happened.

kraqus

Site Supporter
"At about 4:15 p.m., debris from a jet ski was found inside the Holland pier heads. Sheriff’s deputies examined the scene and found that it did match the description of the jet ski used by the missing person. Upon having contact with family members, deputies were able to identify the debris as belonging to a jet ski owned and used by Bruins in this investigation. Additionally, the Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office recovered a full face helmet on the beach north of the Pier heads, which also was identified as belonging to the victim."

Any chance He could have been hit by "Something"?
My prayers go out to him and his Family.

Benny

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
Was it said that he left him by choice? What if he had ski issues himself and broke down on the way out?

If this is in response to my post of "you do not stay anywhere that you cannot be seen", I did not speculated or judge the person who left in ANY WAY. Its up to every rider to know where you and your friends are and if they leave YOU leave.
I am in no way posting blame here, no one knows what happend but that statement was as close to knowing as we have gotten.
I see someone who was there chimed in andit appears we will NOT hear what happend for some time.

I just hope he is found. It seems they know close to where he got in trouble judging from the hood and helmet location.. You would think you could sink a few person weight dummies with simular life vests on them and see where the current goes???? Of course that would have have to happen early one or the current could change.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
, the Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office recovered a full face helmet on the beach north of the Pier heads,."

Nothing knocks off a full face helmet, probably took it off after whatever happened? I actually think this is a good sign...(although a small one)

icecoled007

Captain of this ship
"At about 4:15 p.m., debris from a jet ski was found inside the Holland pier heads. Sheriff’s deputies examined the scene and found that it did match the description of the jet ski used by the missing person. Upon having contact with family members, deputies were able to identify the debris as belonging to a jet ski owned and used by Bruins in this investigation. Additionally, the Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office recovered a full face helmet on the beach north of the Pier heads, which also was identified as belonging to the victim."

Others say it was his hood that was found.

Benny

Others say it was his hood that was found.

Tmart

formerly superjet444
Nothing knocks off a full face helmet, probably took it off after whatever happened? I actually think this is a good sign...(although a small one)
come to think about it, i agree with you. i have a feeling he's gonna be found pretty soon, don't know him but he sounds like a pretty tough guy. prayers continue down south...

Top Bottom